Chef Rory Schepisi, has graciously put her critically acclaimed culinary talents to work to bring parents her “Back to School Easy Pizza Casserole,” a quick and easy recipe sure to please even the pickiest of palates.
Back to School Easy Pizza Casserole
1 pound pasta of choice (Rory uses Fusili or Spiral)
2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 jar marinara/tomato sauce
½ cup ricotta cheese
1/3 cup sliced pepperoni
1 cup shredded Mozzarella
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions
2. Blanche and place in oven proof casserole dish; lightly oil pasta
3. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
4. Place ricotta, 1/3 of shredded mozzarella, marinara sauce, Italian seasoning and half of pepperoni slices in a bowl and mix well
5. Pour mixture over pasta and gently smooth until all pasta is covered
6. Top with remaining shredded mozzarella and top with remaining pepperoni slices
7. Place in oven and bake for 15-20 min or until cheese bubbles
8. Let cool, cut into pieces and enjoy!
Thanks to Bread and Butter PR for this excellent recipe!