Here's what the brownies look like:
And the OOOOOOOO pix:
(admit it, you KNOW you want to run and make em up!)
And here's our 'fake it and like it' recipe!
Caramel Toffee Brownies
1 Duncan Hines German Chocolate Cake Mix
1 cp. evaporated milk
1/2 cp butter, melted
1 jar of Kraft Caramel Topping (or 11 oz of Unwrapped Kraft Caramel Bites or squares) 1/3 cp evaporated milk
1 cp dark semi sweet chocolate bar (we recommend Scharffen Berger) chopped into bits 3/4 cp Heath toffee bits
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
2, Mix together the first 3 ingredients. Pour half of batter into prepared pan, set aside.
3. Place pan in oven for 10 minutes. Meanwhile take next 2 ingredients and melt in microwave (about 2 minutes if using squares or bites, about 45 seconds if using topping, remember to stir every 30-40 seconds though!), or on double boiler on stove.
4. Remove pan from oven, pour caramel over baked batter. Sprinkles with 2/3 of the chopped chocolate.Spoon the rest of the batter on top, and place pan back in oven.
5. Bake for another 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven.
6. Sprinkle remaining chocolate bits on top, then toffee bits. Return pan to oven for 5-10 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Slice and enough the oohs and aaahsss!