Disclosure / Disclaimer: I received this book, free of charge, from Litfuse PR, for review purposes on this blog. No other compensation, monetary or in kind, has been received or implied for this post. Nor was I told how to post about it
Today I have a great bible study workbook for the kids, that would tie in perfectly with Monday's giveaway, for a great Christmas gift idea/basket.
The God Puzzle is a colorful, easy to use tool to help you communicate to your child the rich truths about God, His ways, His will and His love. The God Puzzle will help you address doctrinal themes of the Christian faith in a kid friendly way, present Bible lessons in an interactive way that will hold the child's attention and deliver quality teaching with no preparation needed. 75% of children leave the church when they leave home. Something isn't working. Sunday School isn't doing it all. Kids need answers, good ones. And they need them from you, the parent. This book enables you to give them simple, clear answers.
What makes The God Puzzle unique?
- ready made discussion questions for parent to ask their child in each lesson
- can be done at any pace that works with your family . . . every night, once a week, 10 minutes here, 30 minutes there . . . it fits into realistic family life
- puts the pieces together for a child to understand God, the Bible, and the Christian faith
- in each lesson the responds to the truth so they understand their relationship to God is personal and life transforming
- any parent, whether they know nothing, or a lot aboutGod can start teaching their child today with no prep
- deep theology put into language a child can understand
- deeply Biblical, each lesson points to Christ
- put in an order that starts with creation, and teaches the Bible as one story that all points to Christ
- child stays engaged by filling in blanks, crosswords, drawing, matching and using their Bibles as they learn
This book is aimed at kids from 7-12, so it was perfect for Miss Grace! Being in first grade, one of the main things they have been working on is reading comprehension,. both from their reading and the teaching reading, so i felt like this book was perfect for continuing these concepts at home (as we don't have a bible class at church for the younger kids, so we handle it at home). For the older range, they can do the work themselves, and then discuss the lessons with their parents.
This is a really good foundation book that teaches the puzzle of how the bible stories all are interconencted, like indiviual puzzle pieces, to create a huge puzzle. It is great for at home bible study with kids, or for Sunday school teachers to use as take home activities, or even as part of the weekly lessons. If you are looking at starting to read the bible for the whole year, and need a great guide to go along with it and help teach your kids, pick this one up today!
About the Author:
Valerie Ackermann has a BA in Theology and has been a full time Children's Ministry Director at Parkwood Community Church in California for over 10 years. She is also a weekly Sunday school teacher, wife, and busy mom of two boys ages 9 and 11. She has hands-on experience as a children's ministry professional, teaching and leading children of all ages. Growing up in a Christian family in the small town of Saskatchewan Canada, she has wonderful memories of knowing God from an early age. She has a passion for kids to know the deep truths of God. Find out more at LeadMeToGod.com.
Check out the rest of the book blog tour too!