Disclosure / Disclaimer: I donated this book for blog giveaway purposes on this blog. No other compensation, monetary or in kind, has been received or implied for this post. Nor was I told how to review it.
Today I have a bonus giveaway for the week- our local Relay for Life Cookbook!
While not the most recent version, it is the one that has MANY MANY recipes that we use all the time, as they are pretty common here in our area of the South!
The book includes appetizers, beverages, soups, salads, veggies, side dishes, main dishes, breads/rolls, desserts, candies, cookie and additional items!
Today I'm sharing one our favorite recipes, that is perfect for the holiday season:
Aunt Ethel's Disappearing Christmas Cake
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
3 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups cooking oil
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 can (6 oz) crushed pineapple, undrained
2 cups chopped pecans
2 cups chopped banana
Vanilla or cream cheese frosting
Chopped Pecans for decoration.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, prepare your choice of cake pan (we like to put in a bundt or tube pan)
2. Combine dry ingredients, eggs and oil. Stir until moistened
3. Stir in vanilla, pineapple, bananas and pecans. Do NOT beat.
4. Place into cake pan and bake for 25-30 minutes if using 3 9"cake pans, or 80 minutes if using 9" tube pan.
5. Frost with vanilla or cream cheese frosting, and sprinkled with your chopped pecans, or serve cold with cool whip!
Super easy and very yummy!
Want to win this book?