Tired of ye old diet already?
If you started January 1st, you probably are!
How about an entree and shake to spice things up?
In honor of National Nutrition Month (March), Chef Anthony Stewart from the Pritikin Longevity Center + Spa in Miami, FL, has come up with some family friendly recipes for you! He is their executive chef, who has transformed nutritious meals from everyday to gourmet – a perfect (and delicious!) way to embrace a healthy lifestyle.
Blueberry Silken Tofu Smoothie
· ½ cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
· ½ cup silken tofu
· ½ teaspoon of vanilla
· halved red grapes
1. Using a blender or food processor, blend blueberries, silken tofu, and vanilla extract until velvety smooth.
2. Pour into your glass to serve and top with halved red grapes.
Chicken Veggie Burgers
· 1 pound free-range, skinless chicken breast
· ¼ cup finely chopped onion
· ¼ cup finely chopped celery
· ¼ cup finely chopped carrot
· 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (Remove seeds if you want to take down the heat.)
· 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
· 1 teaspoon Pritikin All-Purpose Seasoning*
· 3 tablespoons ground whole-wheat pita bread (optional)
* Make your own Pritikin All-Purpose Seasoning by blending granulated onion, granulated garlic, salt-free lemon pepper, and paprika.
1. In a food processor, chop chicken till ground.
2. In a nonstick skillet on medium-high heat, sauté onions, celery, and carrots till translucent, about three minutes. Let cool.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground chicken, sautéed vegetables, and Pritikin All-Purpose Seasoning. Mix until fully incorporated. If desired, mix in bread crumbs.
4. Mold chicken/veggie mixture into 8 four-ounce patties.
5. On a hot nonstick skillet or grill, sear patties on each side to your desired doneness.
About Anthony Stewart:
Chef Anthony Stewart has won accolades worldwide, including five gold medals in top culinary competitions, for his masterful use of foodstuffs like fresh seafood and tropical fruit from his native Jamaica. When not in the kitchen, he’s in the classroom, and has inspired thousands of Pritikin guests “to have some fun!”
About the Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa:
Pritikin Longevity Center + Spa is a 650-acre fully renovated private wellness spa and weight loss health program. Complete with exceptional fitness trainers, award winning chefs, nutritionists and renowned spa treatments. The center boosts tons of experts from health to nutrition and fitness to spa and wellness. People from all over the world travel to Pritikin to get their health back on track and get their bodies back in shape. For more information, please visit www.pritikin.com