How are YOU celebrating today/
Things that will be on OUR menu:
2 large ripe avocados, peeled & pitted
1 tbsp lemon juice
¼ small red onion, finely chopped
1 small tomato, finely chopped, without skin and seeds
1 tsp sea salt
4 tbsp sour cream
1-2 tbsp salsa (spice to your hearts content)
Mash avocados with a fork. Add lemon juice, onion, tomato, salt, salsa and sour cream.
Serve with tortilla chips
Roast Beef Tacos/Taquitos
2 lb trimmed beef brisket, preferably the flat half
1 large yellow onion, chopped
5 black peppercorns or 2 tbsp ground black pepper
2 dried bay leaves
2 medium cloves garlic, crushed
12 small (6 inch) corn tortillas, heated in microwave for 30+ seconds
1 quart cooking oil
To cook brisket stove top:
1. Put the brisket, onion, peppercorns (pepper), bay leaves and garlic cloves in a 4-quart Dutch oven and cover with 5-7 cups of water.
2. Bring to a boil over high heat and then reduce the heat to maintain a simmer and partially cover. Add hot water as needed during cooking to keep the meat submerged.
3. Simmer until the meat is falling-apart tender, about 4 hours.
4. Remove meat and let cool slightly. Use two forks to shred meat. Cut into 1” pieces.
5. Serve in taco shells, or roll up as below for taquitos
To cook brisket in crock-pot:
1. Put brisket, onion, peppercorns (pepper), bay leaves and garlic in crock-pot.
2. Pour ¼ c water over brisket. Cook on low 8 hours.
3. Remove brisket and shred with forks. Cut into 1” pieces.
4. Serve in taco shells, or roll up as below for taquitos
To make Taquitos:
1. Fill each warm tortilla with 1 tbsp of shredded meat (if you like you can also add a dot of salsa and or/cheese). Roll them up, cut in half to make two small taquitos.
2. Place toothpick in the center of each taquito to hold together.
3. Deep fry taquitos in hot oil, no more than 30 seconds, until lightly brown. Drain on paper towels.
4. Serve with guacamole
8 cup white grape juice, 64 oz
2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
2 fresh squeezed lemons
6 cup lemon-lime soda
1 carton strawberries
1. In a large pitcher or container, combine white grape juice, orange juice, lemon-lime soda and fresh squeezed lemon.
2. Slice fresh fruit and add to juice mix.
3. Refrigerate for a least 2 hours.
4. Serve over ice and garnish with fresh mint if desired