Edited by #1 New York Times bestselling author David Baldacci and including stories by Michael Connelly, Lee Child, Jeffery Deaver, and more, this one-of-a-kind anthology pulls together the most beloved characters from the best and most popular thriller series today. Worlds collide!
In an unprecedented collaboration, twenty-three of the world’s bestselling and critically acclaimed thriller writers have paired their series characters—such as Harry Bosch, Jack Reacher, and Lincoln Rhyme—in an eleven-story anthology curated by the International Thriller Writers (ITW). All of the contributors to FaceOff are ITW members and the stories feature these dynamic duos:
- Patrick Kenzie vs. Harry Bosch in “Red Eye,” by Dennis Lehane and Michael Connelly · John Rebus vs. Roy Grace in “In the Nick of Time,” by Ian Rankin and Peter James
- Slappy the Ventriloquist Dummy vs. Aloysius Pendergast in “Gaslighted,” by R.L. Stine, Douglas Preston, and Lincoln Child
- Malachai Samuels vs. D.D. Warren in “The Laughing Buddha,” by M.J. Rose and Lisa Gardner
- Paul Madriani vs. Alexandra Cooper in “Surfing the Panther,” by Steve Martini and Linda Fairstein
- Lincoln Rhyme vs. Lucas Davenport in “Rhymes With Prey,” by Jeffery Deaver and John Sandford
- Michael Quinn vs. Repairman Jack in “Infernal Night,” by Heather Graham and F. Paul Wilson
- Sean Reilly vs. Glen Garber in “Pit Stop,” by Raymond Khoury and Linwood Barclay
- Wyatt Hunt vs. Joe Trona in “Silent Hunt,” by John Lescroart and T. Jefferson Parker
- Cotton Malone vs. Gray Pierce in “The Devil’s Bones,” by Steve Berry and James Rollins
- Jack Reacher vs. Nick Heller in “Good and Valuable Consideration,” by Lee Child and Joseph Finder
So sit back and prepare for a rollicking ride as your favorite characters go head-to-head with some worthy opponents in FaceOff—it’s a thrill-a-minute read.
Sometimes things just seem meant to be! Like my favorite Face Off- Steve Berry and James Rollins (The Devil's Bones)- they had mentioned each other's characters Cotton Malone and Gray Pierce, in different books, but never worked together til this book came along. Together they wrote a story set in the Amazon, with their 2 characters together. It's like fan reader nirvana! It's the perfect back story to fill in the previous mentions in the author's books, is a super fun read, and that set up a possibility for future collaboration. For others it was a new concept, that they proved more than adept at handling (my second fav- Surfing the Panther by Steve Martini and Linda Fairstein).
This book is super to take to the beach or poolside, as most of the stories are about 30-50 pages in length, so you feel quite satisfied, if you only get 1 story read! But because they are so short, you can read a couple of stops and starts (a bonus if you're dealing with kids too!). I highly recommend the book as a must read for Summer!
About the Concept:
The concept of thriller writers coming together for an anthology began in 2004, at the International Thriller Writers Association meeting. Gayle Lynds and David Morrell. The ITW was born of a need for a trade group for the writers and now has over 2500 members! They decided to not charge due, and that lead to thinking outside the box to raise funds. And the idea was found to write an ITW book and sell it, with proceeds funding ITW. The first result was Thriller, Thriller 2, Love is Murder and now this book!All stories are donated by ITW members, it is edited by another ITW member, and so there is no cost to ITW
Buy the Book: