It's Father's Day Weekend!
How about a great meal for Dad, to beat the heat?
This is one of my dad's favorite's!
But first, let's talk about Dad and how we love him!
Here is a little view on relationships for kids and their Dads everywhere …
“Our relationship with dad through the years” (author unknown):
At age 5… “Daddy, I love you”
At age 8… “Whatever”
At age 10…. “Dad, don’t embarrass me”
At age 13…. “Dad, you’re so annoying”
At age 16…. “Dad, you don’t know anything”
At age 18…. “I’m leaving this house”
At age 25…. “Dad, you were right”
At age 30…. “I want to go visit my Dad”
At age 50…. “I don’t want to lose my Dad”
At age 60…. “I miss my Dad every day”
At age 70…. “I would give anything to be able to spend just one more day with my Dad”
Here’s a recipe for a mouth-watering, better-for-you cheesesteak
on Multi-Grain Flatbread, from Kontos Foods
Multi-Grain Flatbread Cheesesteak
makes 4 sandwiches
4 pieces of Kontos Multi-Grain Flatbread
1 lb. sliced London broil, rubbed in butter or olive oil, sprinkled with salt and pepper
1 large sliced red onion, brushed with olive oil or sprayed with cooking spray
4-8 slices of your favorite cheese, such as Swiss or provolone
1. Slice red onion in 1/4-inch slices, brush with oil and grill.
2. Grill London broil to taste; let meat rest, then slice thinly with sharp knife; keep warm under foil.
3. Preheat the Kontos Multi-Grain Flatbread (or any other favorite Kontos flatbread or pita bread) on a grill, 4. 15-20 seconds on each side. Cut bread into two halves.
5. Layer the meat and cheese on half slice. Put in hot oven or under broiler for 2 minutes until cheese melts.
6. Place warmed half of flatbread on top to create sandwich.
Enjoy with Dad!
About Kontos Foods
Founded in 1987, Kontos Foods, Inc. is a Paterson, NJ-based provider of traditional Mediterranean foods for restaurants, hotels, food service, retail specialty stores and supermarkets worldwide. The family-owned company specializes in hand-stretched flatbreads, including the Kontos Pocket-Less Pita®, Fillo dough, pastries, olives, gyro meats, and Greek yogurts, as well as nearly 50 varieties of multi-ethnic flatbreads. Kontos, which has over 225 employees and was founded by Evripides (Evris) Kontos together with his son Steven, together bring over 100 years’ experience in the premium food industry. To learn more, visit www.kontos.com.