Disclosure / Disclaimer: I received this info, free of charge, from Sprout Organics, for blog posting purposes. No compensation, monetary or in kind, has been received or implied for this post/review. Nor was I told what to say, all opinions are my own, and yours may be different.
In the winter months, decreased sunlight and colder temperatures lead many families to stay inside – sometimes for days at a time. This can cause feelings of boredom, low-energy or depressed mood. Here are five tips to help the whole family remedy some of the common symptoms of the so called “wintertime blues”:
1) Expose yourself and your little ones to sunlight as soon as possible in the morning.
2) Exercise- at least one hour per day to boost energy and mood. Involve the whole family whenever possible.
3) Avoid foods high in sugar and carbohydrates, as these will lead to a short-term spike in blood sugar, followed by feelings of fatigue and low-energy.
4) Develop a winter hobby, such as an outdoor activity like snow-shoeing or a social activity, like joining a reading group.
5) Eat a diet rich in nuts, beans, whole grains and veggies, all of which boost serotonin levels, a hormone that affects energy level and mood.
About Sprout Organic Foods
Sprout Organic Foods was founded in 2008 by a small group of like-minded friends, who wished to develop wholesome and organic baby food products that tasted like no others on the market. With culinary techniques developed in renowned Chef Tyler Florence's own kitchen and restaurants, Sprout recipes feature tasty combinations of wholesome ingredients that are indeed like no others.