Disclosure / Disclaimer: I received this info, free of charge, via BlogsRelease for blog posting purposes. No compensation, monetary or in kind, has been received or implied for this post/review. Nor was I told what to say, all opinions are my own, and yours may be different.
Last week we started our month long St Patrick's Day recurring theme!
If you're visiting Disney World during St Patty's week, I've got a great event coming up for you
(and FYI, they have the bands and dancers all Spring long on different days, check out the schedule on their website below).
Award-winning Irish and American bands and quick-stepping Irish dancers will showcase their Irish roots during the Mighty St. Patrick’s Festival at Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant i in Downtown Disney March 13-17.
The most authentic St. Patrick’s Day celebration in Central Florida, will also feature inventive irish cuisine by Irish celebrity chef Kevin Dundon, host of the TASTE Award-winning PBS and Create TV cooking show, “Kevin Dundon’s Modern Irish Food.” Check out his recipe for Banoffee Pie is you want a great Spring recipe, and to what a great chef he is!
Raglan Road guests ready to “get their green on” can participate in festivities that run from 4 p.m. until 1:30 a.m. March 13 and from noon until 1:30 a.m. March 14-17, including complimentary face painting for guests, and live music.
The diverse band lineup includes:
- Scythian, playing gypsy-infused American Celtic tunes — offers something for everyone
- Reel Ó Gránde, the newest Raglan Road house band playing traditional Irish ballads, jigs and reels and modern Irish and country music.
- The West Coast Trio from Connemara, playing traditional and contemporary Irish songs on accordion, flute and guitar with plenty of reels and jigs.
- 3 Dollar Band, three extraordinary musicians inspired by Irish and Appalachian music.
- The Brayzen Heads, a popular duo on guitar and banjo playing Raglan Road regularly.
- Drops of Green, an exciting new ballad group from the heart of Ireland.
The Raglan Road Dancers, seven full-time Irish Dance champion dancers, will also be performing daily! This venue is so great for our kids in Irish Dancing to see! They can see where Irish Dancing can continue for them beyond competition / college!
So if you're going to be in the Disney World area, be sure to check out the Mighty St. Patrick’s Festival at Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant. And if you miss the festival, be sure to check out the inn in Downtown Disney any time of the year for some great Irish fun!