Disclosure / Disclaimer: I received this book, free of charge, from Heaven SCent Aroma SHop, via Business to Blogger, for review purposes on this blog. No other compensation, monetary or in kind, has been received or implied for this post. Nor was I told how to post about it
When Miss Grace was an infant, we used aromatherapy with her, to help calm her and to get her to sleep. As she got older, we got away from it. But thanks to a couple of friends, we have started back to using it, and it is AMAZING at the difference essential oils can make in your life, once you start using them!
We recently got to check out a wonderful starter kit, from a company with values we share:
About Heaven Scent Aroma Shop
-The Mommy Starter Kit contains the Kisses spray for bobos, Restore Balm, 3 Essential oil blend rollers and Lavender essential oil.
-The Armor Essential kit contains 10 essential oils and blends, salve and fractionated coconut oil.
The other starter kit is the one we were able to review:
Their Roller Ball Starter Kit contains 6 of their most popular essential oil blends, in convenient roll on applicators (which are the easiest way to start using essential oils). They contain 100% essential oils, each blended with fractionated coconut oil:
- Awaken- used to rejuvenate or revitalize, help lift your mood, or get yourself moving! Good for when you need a mood lifter, or instead of caffeine in the morning! I've found that when I have to be up at 4 am, Awaken helps my mind to focus better than caffeine. It has also worked well with Miss Grace in the morning before school.
- Calm- This blend reduces stress, and can be used to wind down after a long day. It also promotes restful sleep. We use this at night on Miss Grace and it really helps her to ease into sleep by placing it behind her ears, so she can smell it on her pillow. She also uses it before her dance class, to help her center and focus.
- Fresh- the original Triple Threat blend contains Peppermint (used for a variety of things, such as nausea, vomiting, motion sickness, upset stomach, and more), Lemon and Lavender add antibacterial and healing properties! Apply behind the ears to relieve nausea and motion sickness. Apply to abdomen to relieve digestive issues. We also use this on Miss Grace when she get nervous, and it acts SO quickly! It's almost scary how well it calms her down!
- Guardian- is an all purpose antibacterial blend. Use when you begin to feel ill, or when you have been around illness. Use around your work space to keep you healthy and germ free! We also use this one at nighttime with Miss Grace, it helps to do away with germs we hadn't combated during the day.
- Relief- is an amazing blend that will help you combat your headache, especially migraines. I've found that using it with Peppermint has kept me from having to have to use migraine medicine. I also use it for Miss Grace for sinus headaches, and have found that using it with Calm and Guardian at night helps her to really ease into sleep very quickly and to stay in a sound sleep. Then when she wakes up in the morning, she has has MUCH less sinus drain issues.
- Strength- an effective pain remedy that, when applied topically, stops pain nearly instantly! You can use it to help with symptoms of sciatica and back pain, sleep apnea and snoring, TMJ, anxiety, headaches and joint pain, among other aches. For back pain and knee pain, apply to affected areas for relief. Can also be applied to wrists, chest and bottom of the feet (for snoring). This has helped my knee to heal pretty quickly and Miss Grace loves it for those 'growing pain' aches.
All in all, it is a great starter set, covering most of the basics of what you want essential oils for, especially if you have kids. The rollers contain a pretty good amount of oil blend. We use them daily, and they have barely gone down it seems. You don't need much, so they last and last. Every company has different blend combinations, and I have to agree with Georgeann that the ones she has made are pretty great combinations. The rollerballs are great as you can slide a couple in your purse quite easily- they really aren't much bigger than a lip gloss stick. Kids can put them in a backpack quite easily too. Miss Grace is addicted to them, and doesn't want to go anywhere without them- she is a 100% convert! And if it helps us keep her off meds or over the counter meds with chemicals you don't want to be using, then I am sold as well!
Additional Essential Oil Blends you might be interested in, to compliment the starter set
-Bliss -is great for cleaning and disinfecting. Blend with water or vinegar to make your own cleaning products. Use in a diffuser for a wonderful and refreshing smell throughout your home. Inhale to help with an energy boost or to revitalize!
-Comfort - can help relieve uncomfortable symptoms of digestive issues. Apply to abdomen or bottoms of feet. Apply to the chest or throat to relieve symptoms of heartburn and acid reflux.
-Focus - can help improve focus, memory & concentration. Use to reduce distraction during work or study.
-Serene - an amazing blend of soothing and sedating oils that was formulated to help with symptoms associated with ADD/ADHD, Autism, Asperger’s, hyperactivity and anxiety in children (but this blend is also great for adults).
-Silent Night- will help you get to sleep and STAY asleep! perfect for insomniacs!
Additional items available from Heaven Scent Aroma Shop include:
- Bath Salts
- Essential Oils
- Hand Soap
- Lip Balms
Heaven Scent Aroma Shop has excellent prices, and great oils and blends. If you don't have time, or the inclination, to make your own blends, then the different products they offer can help you achieve a clean home and life style, with aromatherapy! I can't recommend them enough!
- $5 FLAT shipping on orders under $50
You can double up the coupon codes for 25% off the starter kit!
The coupons will be good until April 20th, so you need to hurry!
So what are you waiting for?