Outlander, the critically-acclaimed Starz Original drama series set and filmed in the Highlands of Scotland, returns to Starz for the second-half of the show’s debut season. ,
On behalf of the Scotland-based Walkers Shortbread, partnering with Starz on specially-marked Outlander packages of shortbread and the chance to win a trip for two to Scotland, we wanted to share the below tips on how to celebrate the return of Outlander!
We hope you’ll tune in tomorrow, and celebrate like a Scot!
How to Host an Outlander Viewing Party (or How to Watch like a Scot!):
- Wear a kilt — who doesn’t love an excuse to wear a kilt… the answer, no one (and we’re giving you the perfect excuse)!
- Munch on Walkers, of course — The “World’s Finest Shortbread” was invented by the Walker family 116 years ago, and has changed little since. The pure, buttery treat is baked in the Scottish Highlands, where Outlander is filmed.
- Sip on a Shortbreadtini — Say cheers with your mates, and sip responsibly with this delicious cocktail. Ingredients:
2% milk or cream
Walkers Shortbread Cookies
Start by dipping the top of the glass in vodka then rim the glass with Walkers Shortbread crumbs (can use any Walkers shortbread product). Pour vodka and liqueur in glass, top off with cream or milk. Top with cinnamon and a strawberry. Enjoy!
- Learn a Scottish Country Dance – We recommend post-Shortbreadtini.
- Win a trip for two to Scotland! – From the great capital of Edinburgh to the Orkney Islands and Skye, a lucky winner and their guest will travel through 8,000 years of history and a rich cultural heritage. 25 additional winners will be awarded Starz Outlander Prize Packs!
Outlander series spans the genres of romance, science fiction, history, and adventure in one grandiose tale. It follows the story of Claire Randall, a married combat nurse from 1945 who is mysteriously swept back in time to 1743, where she is immediately thrown into an unknown world where her life is threatened. When she is forced to marry Jamie Fraser, a chivalrous and romantic young Scottish warrior, a passionate affair is ignited that tears Claire's heart between two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives. Outlander airs Saturdays at 9pm.