If you plan to celebrate Mother’s Day with a brunch or luncheon at home, why not try making this French café-style dessert that will make her feel extra special?
Disclosure / Disclaimer: I received this info, free of charge,from Konta Foods, for blog posting purposes on this blog. No other compensation, monetary or in kind, has been received or implied for this post. Nor was I told how to post about it
Kontos Foods, provider of flatbreads, crepes and other ethnic foods, suggests using ready-made, All-Natural, French-Style Crepes(aka SUPER time saving crepes!) to make traditional Apple-Cherry Crepe Purses. This recipe brings together the delicious combination of apples, cherries, a light, delicious crepe and powdered sugar. And it looks pretty fancy too!
Here are the easy steps to surprise and delight your mom/ grandmother, and all the special women in your life!
Apple-Cherry Crepe Purse
2 Kontos French-Style Traditional Crepes
3 Granny Smith apples, cubed and stewed with a dash of cinnamon
2 cans of cherry pie filling
½ teaspoon of butter
Navel orange peel
¼ cup confectioner’s sugar
Mint leaves for garnish
- Cut the apples into small cubes, stew lightly with a dash of cinnamon.
- Drain stewed apples, mix with one can of cherry pie filling.
- Warm the mixture in a saucepan or in the microwave.
- Open your second can of cherry pie filling and lift out cherries. Set the cherries aside for garnish.
- Cut a thin orange peel strip from your navel orange peel – making the strip as long as possible – set aside.
- Warm your Kontos French-style crepes in a lightly buttered skillet for one minute each side.
- Lay each crepe flat. Arrange apple-cherry filling in center of crepe and bring up edges of crepe to center.
- Pick up edges of crepe, twist gently to enclose filling.
- Tie the orange peel strip around the crepe to form a purse.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar; garnish with four or five cherries and mint leaves.
Kontos 9-inch French Style Traditional Crepes come six to a pack, in 4.66 oz. zipper packages. Kontos sells its products to retailers and foodservice establishments across North America and around the world. Visit www.kontos.com to find your local retailer.
About Kontos Foods
Founded in 1987, Kontos Foods, Inc. is a Paterson, New Jersey-based provider of traditional Mediterranean foods for restaurants, hotels, food service, retail specialty stores and supermarkets worldwide. The family-owned company specializes in hand-stretched flatbreads, including the Kontos Pocket-Less Pita®, Fillo dough, pastries, olives, gyro meats, and Greek yogurts, as well as nearly 50 varieties of multi-ethnic flatbreads. Kontos, which has over 225 employees and was founded by Evripides (Evris) Kontos with his son Steven, together bring over 100 years’ experience in the premium food industry. The company’s bread and Fillo products are made in the USA. Find Kontos Foods on Twitter @KontosFoods, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/
Kontosfoods and on Pinterest at https://www.pinterest.com/ kontosfoods/.