Were thrilled to be able to help celebrate Celiac Awareness Month this Month,
with some new tasty snacks, that are PERFECT a Mother’s Day brunch, graduation celebration or Memorial Day cookout.
Partners Company has come up with a new snack for their Free for All Line, that will literally leave you begging for more, even you aren't gluten sensitve/allergic! These Double Chocolate Brownie Thins are made with cassava flour and five ancient grains. They contain no corn, soy or rice. They are crunchy, chocolatey, and just down right ADDICTING. Seriously, the kid and I finished off a bag in 3 days. They are just SOOOOOO yummy!
And I have to love the truth in advertising- you actually get the REAL size of the Thin on the package! How rare is that? If you are looking for a great tasting snack gift for Mom this Mother's Day, be sure to grab 2 bags of these snacks (trust me, she'll NEED two!), and of course a bouple for yourself, for being such a thoughtful person!
Partners is a company committed to Gluten Free- their goal is to create delicious gourmet products using high quality, non-GMO ingredients, while supporting the sustainability of our environment and fostering an atmosphere of family, integrity, trust, and compassion in our community!
We were also able to check out the PARTNERS Free for All Kitchen line for come great gluten-free and non-GMO goodies! The line includes Olive Oil & Sea Salt Crackers, Roasted Garlic & Rosemary Crackers and Olive Oil & Herb Crackers.
Roasted Garlic & Rosemary Crackers have freshly roasted garlic, and are made by hand at Partners, then paired with a sprinkle of rosemary to give these hearty crisp gluten-free crackers a big cracker taste. They are an excellent complement to goat cheese and fig jam, perfect for brunch time! After tasting the crackers, I knew EXACTLY what I wanted to use them for, the crust for a quiche!
Gluten-Free Mushroom and Shrimp Quiche
This is a variation of lightened up recipe we found in Grandma's recipe box!
Roasted Garlic & Rosemary Gluten-Free Crackers
1 stick, plus 4 Tablespoons butter
1/4 cup Holy trinity (red and greeen peppers, and white onion diced)
1 can mushrooms or 1/2 cp fresh mushrooms, sliced
16 oz. fresh shrimp (you can also use crawfish or crab)
1.2 tsp Cajun or Old Navy spice
12 oz plain yogurt
1/2 cp shredded Montery Jack or Mozarella cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pulse/grind crackers and then add 3/4 to 1 stick butter, to form crust. Press crust mixture into your pie/quiche pan. and cook in oven for 5 minutes. Then set aside.
3. Saute mushrooms and trinity in 2 tbsp butter. Set aside.
4. Add shrimp to same pan and saute in 2 tbsp butter, add Cajun or Old Bay seasoning to taste during last minute of sauting. When done, add mushroom/onion mix back to pan, and toss together.
5. In mixing bowl, beat eggs, yogurt, pepper and salt together, then add cheese.
6. Add sauted mix to egg mixture, mix together, and then pour over baked quiche crackert crust.
7. Bake until set, about 40-45 minutes.
Note: This recipe makes a LARGE quiche, in a dutch style pie pan. You could also use it to make 2 small quiches, or one small quiche and smaller ones made in a muffin pan. Just change cooking time accordingly.
Thanks to Partners,
here are some tips for hosting your gluten-free friends and family this month:
- Leave salad dressings and sauces on the side –gluten can hide in surprising places, and it’s best to let each gluten expert determine what they can eat.
- Make sure you have some inherently gluten-free treats on hand. Vegetables, cheeses and nuts are great snacks for everyone, and gluten-free friends won’t feel like they’ve disrupted the menu.
- Check your labels – wheat-free does not necessarily mean gluten-free.
- Prepare and serve gluten-free foods in a clean area of your kitchen, to ensure no traces ofgluten make their way to particularly sensitive folks
You can find the line of Partners gluten free products at your local stores, including Whole Foods, Rouse's, Costco and Albertson's. You can use their store locator to find one near you!
Want to win the Brownie Thins and Roasted Garlic & Rosemary Crackers for yourself?