Disclosure / Disclaimer: I donated this item for blog giveaway purposes on this blog. No other compensation, monetary or in kind, has been received or implied for this post. Nor was I told how to review it.
Can you believe it?
While many of you may be lighting the BBQ off for one last hurrah, some of you may not want to bother with it.
But how about a recipe for inside BBQ ribs?
I've got a GREAT one that comes from a new source:
That manna from heaven!
Plus I have a special giveaway as well!
This recipe booklet from Maxwell House is vintage in that it is from 1981! Yet it has some really great and simple recipes, that use coffee or instant coffee in them!
It has 63 pages of recipes ranging from breakfast to lunch to dinner, snacks, drinks, and desserts. Plus it has a history of coffee and some really great how tos and tips!
I'm' cleaning out my cookbooks, so when I saw this one, I knew it would be a great 'Welcome to Fall season' giveaway!
Course I had to add a pack of our local Community Coffee! their Breakfast Blend might just convert you over!
And ow for that BBQ recipe before the giveaway!
Indoor Barbecued Spareribs
Makes 4-6 servings
1/2 cup brewed coffee
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup sugar (we use brown sugar)
3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp vinegar
2 tbsp grated onion
1.2 tsp salt
1/8-1/4 tsp pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
4 lbs spareribs, cut into 2 rib sections
1.Combine all ingredients except ribs in saucepan.
2. Bring pan to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Place ribs, curved side down, in shallow baking dish.
4. Bake at 475 or 500 degrees for 10 minutes.
5. Reduce temp to 375 degrees, and bake ribs for 90 minutes.
6. Coat ribs with prepared sauce and bake for 60 more minutes, brushing frequently b both sides with prepared sauce, until ribs are tender.
7. Serve with any remaining sauce
One BTHM reader will win the Coffee Makes it Delicious Recipe Booklet
and trial bag of Community Coffee Breakfast Blend