Disclosure / Disclaimer: I received this recipe, free of charge,from Cookina,for blog posting purposes on this blog. No other compensation, monetary or in kind, has been received or implied for this post. Nor was I told how to post about it
Have you ever made a soufflé?
Most people think they are difficult to make, but they really aren't that bad, if you just follow the directions!
So why not impress the family and make a soufflé for Sunday's dessert, in honor of National Chocolate Soufflé Day (February 28th)?
This soufflé is cakey on the outside, gooey on the inside and not overly sweet, making it a true crowd pleaser.
This tasty recipe, from our friends at Cookina, makes great use of their wonderful COOKINA Reusable Baking Sheet, for an easy cleanup- something we ALL love!
- 150 grams of butter
- 175 grams of sugar
- 200 grams of dark chocolate
- 6 eggs
- 125 grams of flour
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs and sugar in another bowl until light and fluffy.
- Sift in the flour and fold gently to incorporate.
- Fold in the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into ramekins lined with a COOKINA Cuisine. At this stage, you can cover and store in the fridge for cooking at a later time, otherwise pop into the oven for 8-12 minutes.
- Keep an eye on the soufflés for the last few minutes. When the tops start to crack, give it another minute and they should be done. They should be really gooey in the centre but cakey on top and round the edges.
- Serve immediately with a scoop of ice cream.
The COOKINA Cuisine Reusable Baking Sheet is an innovative product that creates a nonstick, easy-to-clean and healthy cooking & baking experience for any mom. Ideal for using as an alternative to aluminum foil, parchment and wax paper, users can place the cooking sheet on a baking tray or pan to bake recipes without having to use oil or needing to clean the tray afterwards. Available at cookina.co for $12.99.