Ugh, it's Friday, it's Summer and you just realized you forgot to shop for some pantry basics this week....
What to do?
Our friends over at GAEA have some simple solutions!
Forgot to buy Bread Crumbs or Panko Crumbs?
Check out his quick recipe!
Viki’s Granola Crusted Chicken
2 eggs beaten
1 cup panko crumbs
And it's just NOT Summer to me unless we make some home fried, the way Grandma always did when we stayed with her over the Summer.
This version is super YUMMY, we tried it earlier this week!
Gaea’s French Fry Recipe
4 1/2 cups organic potatoes
1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
1. Preheat the oven at 450 F
2. Scrub the potatoes clean and cut them into slices approximately 1 cm thick.
3. Place them in a bowl filled with COLD water and leave them for approximately 15 minutes. (this removes the excess starch, producing a crispier fry, old Grandma's trick!)
4. Drain the potatoes, season them with salt and pepper and place them on a baking dish.
5. Top them off with Extra Virgin Olive Oil from the PDO region of Kalamata.
6. Roast in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Season with paprika.
7. Reduce the temperature to 400 F and bake for 10 more minutes or until they get a nice golden color.
We tried one batch the above way, and on the 2nd we tried the seasoned EVOO I shared with you earlier this month- both were just as tasty!