Book Review: The Love Revolution by Joye Meyers

I recently became a book reviewer for the Hachett Group
( http://www.hachettebookgroup.com/ ) and the first book
they sent me was 'The Love Revolution' by Joyce Meyer. The
book is scheduled to come out on September 22!love revolution cover



When the book arrived I was in the middle of reading two
books for review, and my mother eagerly grabbed the book
and volunteered to give it a first reading for me. Isn't she sweet??
Yes, she loves Joyce Meyer, so I knew I'd get the book back pretty quickly! And did I- she finished the book in one day!

During the nest day, I was able to get through the book myself- it is a very easy and quick read! So here's our combined review!

'The Love Revolution' is based on Joyce Meyer's Ministries creed:
"I take up compassion and surrender my excuses. I stand against injustice and commit to live out simple acts of God's love. I refuse to to nothing. this is my resolve. I AM the love revolution. "

Each chapter provides a sample of the creed and how it can be applied in everyday life and then equates it to an applicable bible passage/quote. She takes examples from her own life, related them to the discussion and makes the teaching very easy to understand.

One of the easiest ways her creed is applicable is making people feel valuable- the mutual upbuilding (edification and development) on one another (Romans 14:19). As parents, we typically make our children feel valuable to us via unconditional love and the constant reassurance ("good job", "way to go", "you did it"), especially when they are very young. We hope as spouses that we do the same for our husband/wife (and they do it for us in return). But do we do it for others? Do we do it for the person in the coffee shop with the multi-colored mohawk? Mrs. Meyers explains in using this scenario that complimenting the person on her hair color choice, even though it might not be something we would pick, is meaningful to the person who receives the compliment. By accentuating the positive, we show love. As we show love, it is returned to us. Even starting with giving out compliments to three people a day is a step in acting out God's love.

The guest writer mini-chapters are eloquent and speak to the topic at hand. They compliment Mrs. Meyer's teachings and are a wonderful inclusion to the book.

While this book IS theological in nature, none the less it has applicable teachings for anyone, no matter what their religion. I feel it would be valuable reading material for teenagers or book groups-as it lends itself to natural follow up discussions!

If you come to this book with an open mind and heart, it will touch you and urge you to partake in The Love Revolution!

Comments

  1. Wow, it reminds me of that song...

    "this is the time, this is the vibe..."

    good review!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment