Cooking: Quick TIP

My mom was watching a show on one of the home channels and the host was making cookies and he said this tip:

Don't roll sugar cookies dough out on flour to get ready for using cooking cutters. USE confectioners sugar instead- just use a small sifter and spread some out on your rolling surface and roll away!


So she told me, and darling daughter begged for more cookie making this morning (it's getting hard to get thru a day without a dozen cookies being made- she is OBSESSED with cookie cutters!). We cheated this am and used Betty Crocker again -quick and easy for her to make up a dozen and half (1 time in oven) good size cookies!

Anyhoo- I tried it and GUESS WHAT?

I will NEVER go back to using flour on my board! Yes, it was THAT much better. The dough didn't stick as much, it seemed like I used a whole lot less sugar than I normally would of flour, AND most importantly they gave the cookies themselves a little extra sweet zing on the outside.

Everybody agreed, this batch was the best sugar cookies so far this year!

So go try it out for yourself!