Mailbox Tuesday: L'oreal Ever Pure Shamoo/Conditioner

Boy, I must be on the company bad list, as my mailbox has only been overflowing with books, not products to sample! WAAAA

BUT the one ray of hope was the shampoo /conditioner sample pack from L'Oreal, which actually gave me a reason to talk about the Sulfate-Free Color Care System they have out!

I actually bought full size shampoo and conditioner about 4 months ago, when they first came out. I've used them off and on since then. Pretty much I use it for 4-5 weeks after coloring my hair, then swap to a cheaper shampoo til it's time to redye my hair (let's NOT even go there ok? I can NOT help it the women in my mom's family go WHITE early and she's the one exception, oh yeah, those genes skipped me....).


Anyhoo- I have to admit I was very skeptical that shampoo and conditioner could REALLY make that much of a difference.

SURPRISE- sulfate free MAKES a difference! I found that my color stayed truer longer and that I could go LONGER in between needing to dye my hair. In this economy, THAT'S a  major deal!

The shampoo/conditioner comes in Smooth, Moist and Volume.Now as we've discussed before, I do NOT need any more volume! I actually bought Smooth, and I have to admit that it didn't really do much to smooth down my hair. We just live in too humid of an environment, I need an after product.

My sample was of Moisture. To be totally honest, I really did see much difference. It could be that my hair is actually hydrated enough, so it didn't seem different, or they are just to similar, who knows?

I love the smell of Rosemary and Juniper in the shampoo- it's very calming to your scalp as well. i wish it was stronger in the conditioner, as then my hair would still smell like the Rosemary and Juniper-instead it sort of dampens the smell. I also wish it had more softener in it, as I don't feel my hair is as silky feeling as when I use it, as  when I use a Pantene product. I personally like that (as does hubby and daughter).

Even with the higher price, I feel the product is really worth the extra money, as it does extend my color, saving me money and extra dye jobs. I haven't tried their after products masques, leave in conditioners,balms and humectrant sprays), but I imagine if you used them as well it would extend your dye job even longer! And my afetr products give the silky feeling, so I can live the Ever Pure without a problem.

If you dye your hair you definitely want to try this product, even if only for 1 session between dye jobs, to see how it works for you! Go to L'oreal's website and you can get your own sample today!


Disclosure: I did NOT receive the shampoo/conditioner from L'oreal in the hopes of a positive review, I received it free as a sample that anyone could have ordered from their website. While it worked great for me, your results may be different, because we're all HUMAN and DIFFERENT, so PLEASE keep that in mind when making up YOUR mind whether to try it out or not!