SIMPLIFY My Life Please, and maybe yours too!

Momblogger.com is offering the GREATEST of contests: Simplify My Life Sweepstakes!


The three MOST creative blogger entries will win one of the new HP Mini 110-1100 by Studio Tord Boontje PC netbooks AND (drumroll please....) THREE readers who post a COMMENT on any of the blogger entry posts will win one as well! HOW sweet is that? 

I Post, you comment, and one, or up to four of us, could win one of these neat little netbooks!



I know why I need one- we are a webbed household- 2 desktops and 2 laptops. BUT the laptops are either too big or too heavy, to truly be portable outside, so they frequently stay on the desks where they are. BUT we have the most Southern of things- a lovely screened in front porch, where my daughter's play kitchen and house is set up. I would LOVE to be able to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee while blogging, while she's playing and enjoying the fresh air (can you hear the TWENTY NINE wrens that have set up home in the azaleas? No, how about the 6 morning doves that are irate they haven't been fed yet? No, then it must be the gorgeous sounds of the red tailed hawk, that lives in the backyard going after one of the neighbor's squirrels, who deemed to venture into our yard! Having gone through the vast colony of squirrels in our yard (yeah, nobody eating the birds' food anymore!), he catches any opportunity he can!).


Want to pull up a chair?  I wish you would, I'd love to meet you!


But wait- oh no- it's time to run over and visit with family, let's do a raincheck, shall we?. I'd love to show my family the slideshow of all the great pictures I took on our recent trip to one of the great festivals we have down here, but dragging the 17" laptop and it's battery and mouse and bag, along with everything a toddler could POSSIBLY need (I thought we were supposed to have to cart LESS the older they got, what happened to one small bag would do it??????), is not for the faint of heart. Maybe another day....



After that I need to run down to the consignment store and show them some photos of some clothes I was looking at selling. UGH, again carrying the heavy laptop or making the clerk struggle to look at the photos on my cell phone. So much easier to look at photos than to schlep a ton of clothes down only to be told, they'll only accept 3 pieces! Gee do I WISH Santa had brought me a netbook for Christmas (I already heard thru the Polar Express grapevine, that I was getting something else...waaaaaaa)!


What else do I have for today on my to-do list??? Oh yeah, need to run by the school and pick up the materials packet for when darling daughter starts in the fall. I need to load up the calendar and alert grandmas and grandpas to events they need to be at. better to start now, so nobody can use the excuse it wasn't on their calendar! We could go down to park and let daughter play on the equipment while I load everything up on the laptop, but my screen has that stupid light saver on it and it is SO hard to read in sunlight......I heard that the LCD backlite screen on the HP Mini 311 doesn't have that problem....oh well.....


Oh no, it's time to get ready for work already. Nightshift....5 hours of busy and 7 hours of waiting to be busy..... At least I can type into my Livewriter and work on my blog posts, when I have no more work to do. Oh wait, I forgot my thumb drive again. ARGHH. I love it, but it's so small, it can easily fall out of my bag. I'd bring my laptop but it is SO bulky- not like the HP Mini which is only 10x6 yet has a 92% real size keyboard. Doesn;t that just sound heavenly???


Or maybe I could work on my scrapbook digital downloads on it (if I had it with me). I could edit my scrapbook pages, and then upload them into my laptop when I get home and at least save SOME time. Did you know that the HP Mini 311 can sync (don't you just LOVE that word, it's like the "word of the moment" isn't it?) automatically with your home NETWORK system, so you load any projects on any of the computers, or update your calendars? Talk about saving time- no need to download to my computer, then send to hubby's who has the color printer on it....Gee, I'm ONLY 5 1/2 months behind on her scrapbook (can ANYONE really stay ahead/on top of that when they work a full time job?????) and wouldn't it be great for everybody's calendar to have the same events on it, without having to go computer to computer and update them!



Life is gonna get SO SO crazy once daughter starts school, plus I want to go back to school and work on that Master's Degree. But sending homework real quickly is a chore with my laptop. I have to sign on, then pull up operating system, let it load and then log into site and then send. Did you know that the HP Mini 311 starts up in mail mode in mere seconds? NOT minutes. Talk about a time saver! 


I didn't even think about the dance lessons for daughter! Thanks for reminding me! Ballet twice a week to start. Lot's of down time there, wish my laptop wasn't so heavy, or my cell phone keyboard so small- there will be some many projects I could be working on, while applauding and waiting! But seeing that smiling face in bun and tutu is SO worth it!








Another reason I'd love to win one of these HP Mini 311s is that the netbook has the new HP Imprint 3D design by Studio Tord Boontje, that features 3D flower and lace designs with endangered animals overlayed. The loading bar, screen saver, wallpaper, and even the interior areas have the imprinted designs- talk about saying I AM UNIQUE! 


SIGH.........maybe Momblogger will play Santa and help me get better organized and meet my personal goals of getting on top of things before kiddo starts school????  And if YOU post a reply here on this post- you might be a lucky winner too! Then we'll get together for that cup of coffee, i promise!




PS- I had alot of speculation and wanting to sit on the front porch, so I thought I'd add a pix of what it's about to look like when the sleet/slush/snow hits this weekend (jan 9th)- picturesque no?


 and here's your cup of coffee..........




 Happy New Year to You All!