I recently signed up for a Mama Buzz review didn't get in the first 20. Bummer, right?
But no, I got a personal email from Ross thanking me for my interest and offering to send me a cd anyways, so I could listen to the cd and review it for this site. Isn't that great???
Ross' new cd is: Words that Rhyme with Orange, Music CD for children , aimed at ages: 2-12
We were a little delayed in reviewing the cd, as I accidently mislaid it, but found it in my purse after all on a trip this weekend and said AHA, and out it came for us all to listen to- nothing like a captive audience, heh?
Songs included on this CD:
that bring a smile to your face! The beat on Afrikiddo Romp elicited a bunch of jumping (as much as can be done in a carseat!)! My daughter didn't quite see the humor of If I Wasn't so Cute, but that could have been because we had just left a pageant and she was in a cranky mood! Mom and Grandma thought it was very funny! She liked Learning the Alphabet and Don"t Do It, especially basedon the humming and toe tapping coming from the back seat!
I think if she was more of 3 1/2 to 4 she'd really really like this cd. Right now she's just too much into her Wiggles, Choo Choo Soul, Pappillion (Cajun cd) and Mamma Mia cds (don't ask, the child has eccentric taste and we don't try to stiffle them, she just takes after mom and grandmom...), to really get the humor of this cd- she gets the fun, but wants more production? in her music. I however liked the folk type sense of the cd and how simple it was....so we'll give it some more time....
I would highly recommend this cd if you have kids 4-7- I think they would get the most out of the lyrics and really enjoy singing along with it!
Buy Cd and listen to a sample
Purchase at Itunes
Purchase at Amazon.com
Purchase at CD Baby
But no, I got a personal email from Ross thanking me for my interest and offering to send me a cd anyways, so I could listen to the cd and review it for this site. Isn't that great???
Ross' new cd is: Words that Rhyme with Orange, Music CD for children , aimed at ages: 2-12
We were a little delayed in reviewing the cd, as I accidently mislaid it, but found it in my purse after all on a trip this weekend and said AHA, and out it came for us all to listen to- nothing like a captive audience, heh?
Songs included on this CD:
- Happy to Be Me
- Juicebox
- If I Wasn’t So Cute
- Lionmonkeyacondonkey
- More
- Learning My Alphabet
- The Food Trying Song
- Afrikiddo Romp
- The Sound of Whining
- I Like to Play Outside
- Don’t Do It
- Sleepyhead
- Naomi’s Lullabye
You give me giggles
Cuz you’re really funny
Sometimes I laugh
Til it hurts my tummy . . .
that bring a smile to your face! The beat on Afrikiddo Romp elicited a bunch of jumping (as much as can be done in a carseat!)! My daughter didn't quite see the humor of If I Wasn't so Cute, but that could have been because we had just left a pageant and she was in a cranky mood! Mom and Grandma thought it was very funny! She liked Learning the Alphabet and Don"t Do It, especially basedon the humming and toe tapping coming from the back seat!
I think if she was more of 3 1/2 to 4 she'd really really like this cd. Right now she's just too much into her Wiggles, Choo Choo Soul, Pappillion (Cajun cd) and Mamma Mia cds (don't ask, the child has eccentric taste and we don't try to stiffle them, she just takes after mom and grandmom...), to really get the humor of this cd- she gets the fun, but wants more production? in her music. I however liked the folk type sense of the cd and how simple it was....so we'll give it some more time....
I would highly recommend this cd if you have kids 4-7- I think they would get the most out of the lyrics and really enjoy singing along with it!
Ross' cds are independently "self-produced," which means they can only be found on Ross King's site, I-TunesCD Baby or Amazon, and not at your local Walmart (aside: when did Walmart drop the hyphen between Wal and mart? Was it too confusing or what???) AND at only $12.00
Ross also have spiritual/Christian cds and tours around the country for both children and christian spots. You can check out his tour blog HERE and if you get a chance, read the entry on his adoption blog HERE about his 2 sons. I think it's the best description of Adoptive Love I've read in a long time! Thanks Ross!
Buy Cd and listen to a sample
Purchase at Itunes
Purchase at Amazon.com
Purchase at CD Baby
Disclosure: This cd was provided by: Ross King, himself, for this review. I was not told how to review the cd however.
