Mail Box Tueday: Princess Time Toys American Girl Style 18" Doll Outfit

I recently contacted Princess Time Toys when they asked for bloggers to review their new American Girl/18" Doll Accesory line! Princess Time Toys' owner, Connie, let me know she would be sending me an adorable out fit for review! And boy did she!

I bought my daughter a Kaya doll when she was only a year old (I know, I know, but as we are of Native American descent, I wanted to make sure she got one, in case they stopped production!). Darling is about to make 3 and hasn't played with Kaya yet, as she has her American Girl Bitty baby that she prefers right now. She told me this weekend that Kaya was for a big girl, but not for her yet (apparently there are stages of "big girl" in toddler syntax-LOL).



In the mail this weekend we received a cute Sundress outfit, complete with undershirt and adorable matching sandals!  The outfit has a wonderful light pink undershirt that not only velcros up the entire back, BUT the neckline has a button that can ALSO be undone, to help get blouse on and off easily! A major plus when you're dealing with a smaller child! AG says the dolls are aimed at girls 8+, but we all know younger children will want them/play with them, so the easier the clothes are to put on a doll, the better!

The accompanying sundress is very cute- unfortunately my flash kept washing it out some, it's a gorgeous teal and rose pink rose design. It can be worn low as shown, or ties retied and worn higher (second photo). It a pull on style- but goes over legs very easily! The shoes slip on very easily. In fact, my only complaint was the shoes, as without a back strap they fall off whenever the doll is moved. I will probably add an elastic strap onto them, so they won't fall off, as I know my daughter and we're gonna have alot of lost doll shoes in our future! (and yes, those are Bday packages in the background! Kaya was helpful in pointing out some loose tape where somebody tried to open one of them..ha ha...wonder whose little fingers those were?!!)


The outfits will fit ANY 18" doll- American Girl, Mia Bella, Gotz etc. they have a complete line- historical, casual, dress up, period clothing, separates, shoes, even undies and accessories! They are NOT AG brand, but as far as I'm concerned, JUST as comparable in quality!

A similar package is listed on the Princess Time Toys site (here) for $15, but NOW on sale for $13! AND if you were to actually go the American Girl doll website or store, you'd pay at least $28 for a similar outfit! Now I don't know about you, but I HATE to pay $30 for ONE outfit! So if I can get TWO with shipping for the same price, well, I KNOW where I'll be shopping: Princess Time Toys! I also need to buy a bunch of their shoes, as they are HALF the price (or more) from the AG ones! AND if you follow Princess Time Toys on Twitter, you'll get notice of special says (yesterday it was 15% extra off all 18" doll outfits!)- I signed up in a hurry for that! If you're not on Twitter, you can follow their blog and find out specials as well!

Make sure you go through the Princess Time Toys website! They have Special Sales (currently this includes reduced prices on Princess Halloween/Dress Up costumes for your child and a doll wardrobe!) and Better Together Discounts (ie costume and accessories for it at 255 off savings!!) as well! The website has all sorts of Princess AND Prince themed toys: Melissa and Doug wooden castles (ADORABLE), Disney video/audio players, Imagiplay green toys, puppets and theatres, puzzles and even arts and crafts items! I love that they have adult costumes as well- perfect for those Disney Halloween trips!

The prices on the site are lower or comparable to other sites BUT Princess Time Toys is a supporter of the Princess Alexa Foundation and donates costumes every year to the foundation for dress up closet! AND you can even purchase an outfit thru Princess Time Toys website and mark it for donation, and they'll send it to the Alexa Foundation in your name. Isn't that super? You can buy an item for your child, knowing some of the money spent is going to charity! Plus, as Connie is an Avon rep, you can donate to the Avon disaster fund on her site as well!

Connie is just an all around go-getter! BESIDES running the TWO businesses, she's got a giveaway blog, MiscellaneousFinds4U, going! Check out her great blog for some super Easter giveaways- I know I'm on my way over there to enter some myself!:

Easter is only a week and half away! Help the Easter Bunny make it a special day for YOUR Princess, by checking out Princess Time Toys- I know you're gonna love them as much as I do!