The NEW Way to GLUE!

When I started scrap booking I heard about Glue Dots but didn't know what they were, or how to use them, so I just stuck with traditional glues and glue gun when needed. So when the opportunity came about to receive some Glue Dots AND get to review them I did a happy dance and said OH PLEASE!

As part of the Glue Dots/ Twittermoms Summer Bonding Project, I was sent 3 Dot-n-Go dispensers and refills! YIPPEE!  The Glue Dots are super strong and VERY easy to apply with the Dot-n-Go dispensers and because they are mess free, they're PERFECT for a 3 yr old to use (and a lot less messier than a glue bottle!).


The fun part was trying to come up with something special to make, as I knew we had to post about our special project! Plus it had to be something that a 3 yr old could help/do! We were shopping at Walmart and walking down the craft clearance aisle (our Walmart is being 'reorganized'-we lost the fabric and notions for the most part, and craft stuff id down by at least 50%!) and I saw some things that were interesting when I thought about them together, so I said AHA and we picked them up!


We started with:
One set of Spring time styled scrapbook paper, 3 ceramic frames with great beaded hangers (2 said 'Treasure the Moment" and the other said "Live, love, laugh", and 3 sets of stickers (butterflies, gorgeous blue flowers and a half page of zoo animals).

We ended up with THREE completed frames, suitable for birthday or special ocassion presents:

For this one I used the Mini and Large Dot-n-Gos. While the stickers had adhesive on the back, I knew it would not hold for long. With the Glue Dots I was assured they would stay put.I covered up the saying only because I thought it looked better.


And then we cut up the scrap paper using speciality scissor to get a great circle cut on the top and used the section that repeated 'giggle' over and over, and used some of the zoo stickers to make a great frame for a picture from our recent zoo adventure for my daughter (which as you can see I don't have printed out yet):


For the third frame, we used the rest of the "giggle" scrapbook paper line and cut another one out that says "play" and cut with the speciality scissors to match the top paper. For this frame we used the removable Dot-n-Go, so we can change the paper out later with more stickers, or different paper. Then we took a couple of the butterfly stickers and added them to the bottom, using the same Removable Glue Dots..




All in all the frames came out really well, and because the adhesive of the glue is so great, I don't have to worry about the stickers or papers coming off the frames, when they are hung on the wall!

Daughter had a great time making these! We could easily have used an old frame and painted or decoupaged it with the paper, and then used the glue dots for the stickers. She wants to make more frames, so I think we've found her Christmas gift project- making small frames for ornaments!

I am totally in LOVE with the Glue Dots and am adding them to my scrapbook supply pack! Check them out at your local craft store- you'll get addicted too! Check out their web page and Facebook Pages for more info on their products!

I wrote this blog post while participating in the Twittermoms and Glue Dots blogging contest to be eligible to receive a $30 gift Amazon card and/or $500 Amazon gift card.

You can join in and enter too! For more information on how you can participate (without receiving the samples), check out the Twittermoms Glue Dot Page.