It's the top of the month again, so it's time for the monthly NYNS post and this month it is:
JULY- REPLACE!
Ugh summer heat at its finest! It may not be the time for cleaning, but really hoe much outside time do you want in 92 degree heat and 80% humidity? See, you're gonna be inside ANYWAYS, so why not work on things you didn't do in the Spring because it was so NICE outside???
Why not go thru all your makeup and get rid of the old (guys, go thru all that sports or hunting or computer or hobby stuff, that you KNOW you have hanging around, that is SO out of date and you do NOT use). About.com has a great list of the shelf life of products to refer as you go thru your makeup- I know I have eyeshadow that is easily 2 years beyond it's shelf life!
Then if you didn't tackle your closet last month, do it now. Give yourself a 'new' pared down 'summer' wardrobe. Let go of all the "I might be able tos"- and when you're done, head to the mall and get a makeup makeover (guys you go to barber shop and get a slightly different haircut- spice it up a tinge huh? we can;t let you go to Academy Sprts or Caballa's- you'll just bring home MORE stuff- ha ha).
BE FRESH AND NEW. If you're not into makeup that much, think about a new haircut = mix it up!
If your house is done and you're done as much as you want (lucky you, what are you Martha Stewart? HA) then what about your house itself? How about little projects that get put off but can back a difference in hot and cold months? Check out the list on This Old House for some ideas!
I know I HAVE to go thru my bookshelves and move things around in the hallway and front room, and I know that will mean throwing out of books and stuff that seemed important 5 months ago, but now I know I don't need to keep, or they just aren't worth keeping! I'm sensing a HUGE yard sale coming up! What about you?
JULY- REPLACE!
Ugh summer heat at its finest! It may not be the time for cleaning, but really hoe much outside time do you want in 92 degree heat and 80% humidity? See, you're gonna be inside ANYWAYS, so why not work on things you didn't do in the Spring because it was so NICE outside???
Why not go thru all your makeup and get rid of the old (guys, go thru all that sports or hunting or computer or hobby stuff, that you KNOW you have hanging around, that is SO out of date and you do NOT use). About.com has a great list of the shelf life of products to refer as you go thru your makeup- I know I have eyeshadow that is easily 2 years beyond it's shelf life!
Then if you didn't tackle your closet last month, do it now. Give yourself a 'new' pared down 'summer' wardrobe. Let go of all the "I might be able tos"- and when you're done, head to the mall and get a makeup makeover (guys you go to barber shop and get a slightly different haircut- spice it up a tinge huh? we can;t let you go to Academy Sprts or Caballa's- you'll just bring home MORE stuff- ha ha).
BE FRESH AND NEW. If you're not into makeup that much, think about a new haircut = mix it up!
If your house is done and you're done as much as you want (lucky you, what are you Martha Stewart? HA) then what about your house itself? How about little projects that get put off but can back a difference in hot and cold months? Check out the list on This Old House for some ideas!
I know I HAVE to go thru my bookshelves and move things around in the hallway and front room, and I know that will mean throwing out of books and stuff that seemed important 5 months ago, but now I know I don't need to keep, or they just aren't worth keeping! I'm sensing a HUGE yard sale coming up! What about you?