As we've shared before, we LOVE the Pillsbury pizza crust- for awhile there we were having homemade pizza EVERY Friday! It is SO easy, inexpensive if you use what you have on hand and oh-so simple and quick to make (and eat, since it tends to vanish pretty quick once it hits the table!)
Now Pillsbury has come out with a new twist joining the regular and thin crust varieties- Artisan Pizza Crust with Whole Grain!
The new crust has 16 grams of whole grain per serving, making this a pizza crust good for the whole family! And best yet? It's readily available in the refrigerated section of your local grocery store! The dough is simple super to use- just peel off the label (remember to save those box tops!), pop the can, we like to spray our jelly roll pan, and spread out the crust. And bingo, you're ready to top the pizza, anyway YOUR family likes it!
Speaking of opening the can, did you know that when you open the can of dough it activates the leavening that causes the dough to rise? After the can is open, the dough can be covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated for up to two hours before baking. After two hours, the dough will begin to deteriorate. In fact, if you accidently leave it out of the fridge, it is only good for those 2 hours as well! Something to remember for Hurricane Season!
While we like red sauce, we tend to go with a white sauce for our homemade pizzas. So here's the recipe we used to try out the new Artisan Whole Grain Pizza Crust!
Italian Fajita Pizza
1 Pillsbury Artisan Whole Grain Pizza Crust
1 bottle of Alfredo Sauce
1 bag frozen Fajita Chicken Strips or any leftover chicken, cut into chunks or squares
Sauteed Fajita veggies- frozen or fresh- bell peppers and onions
1 Avocado, cut into small chunks
1 bag of shredded cheese (we like the multi-Italian blend)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray or oil a jelly roll pan, and spread out the crust on it.
3. Using a pastry brush, coat the crust with some of the Alfredo Sauce. Place in oven and cook for 5 minutes. This soaks into the crust and raises it to a great tasting, crispier pizza!
4. Meanwhile, saute your veggies like you normally would for fajitas, add the meat in the last minute, stirring well to combine flavors. We like to freeze our leftovers when we ave fajitas, so we have them to use for pizza.
5. Pull pizza crust out of oven. Coat again with the Alfredo sauce, but thicker. Add your ingredients. You will see from our picture that a third of the pizza was strictly pepperoni and cheese- she's going through a 'no green but peas' thing and demanded her section be 'her usual'...some battles you just let go and add pepperoni! LOl
6. Sprinkles cheese all over lightly. Add avocado chunks (if you've never had avocado on pizza you HAVE to try it-it softens and is just beyond yummy!
7. Sprinkle more cheese on top.
8. Place pizza back in over for 10-13 minutes, until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
And the final resulting yumminess?
See how the avocado sorta spread? The cheese has melted into it and it is super WOW!
The whole grain crust has a richer taste to it and is appetizing to all!
AND it reheats well (should you ACTUALLY have any leftover the next day)-it only needs about 10-15 seconds in the microwave!
Want to make a stuffed crust pizza? It's easy to do:
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
3. Place seven sticks of string cheese along the inside edges of the dough. Fold dough around the cheese and press to seal.
Ready to give Pillsbury Artisan Whole Grain Pizza Crust a try?
Thanks to Pillsbury, you can download a printable coupon for $1.25 off one package of New Pillsbury Artisan Pizza Crust with Whole Grain, so you and your family can make a customized pizza, suited to everyone's tastes! Hurry and get yours today!
- What do you get::
- 1 VIP coupon for New Pillsbury Artisan Pizza Crust with Whole Grain
- $10 gift card (to buy ingredients)
- Baking sheet- non-stick jelly roll size!
- Oven mitt- super nice, it has toweling inside to protect your hand)
- Pizza cutter
Ready to win? Enter below!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure / Disclaimer: I received this package, free of charge, from Pillsbury, via MyBlogspark, , for review purposes on this blog. No other compensation, has been received or implied for this post. Nor was I told how to post about it