Yuval Zaliouk is a world renown musical conductor and in 1989 he decided to bring his secret family recipe for his grandmother's almond cookies to the Ohio market. it was too much longer before they were available all around the country! They just started being sold in Whole Food stores nationwide too!
Almondina cookies are all-natural, crispy almond cookies with no cholesterol, no added fat, salt, or preservatives and only 30 calories each! In fact, the only 'fat' in the cookies is the almonds themselves. Do you know the health benefits of almonds? They can help to reduce cholesterol levels, provide healthy fiber and monounsaturated fats, reduce the risks of hearts disease, contain Magnesium and Vitamin E which are beneficial for heart health, and they contain healthy antioxidants!
We were sent a 6 pack of popular Almondina flavors to try! It may seem odd, but so far, our fav is still the original Almondina cookie! They are wonderfully crunchy, but not too hard, and don't require dipping to make them more tolerable. With the added raisins, they are actually pretty filling! 2 cookies with a cup of coffee and you have energy and are satisfied! The cookies we were sent:
- Original: Large quality almonds combine with plump raisins for a delightful taste
- Cinnaroma: Almonds, raisins, and cinnamon make an unique flavor, reminiscent of Snickerdoodles!
- Sesame: Roasted sesame with almonds and raisins give the cookies an Asian taste, and they are perfect with tea.
- Gingerspice: zesty chunks of flavorful real ginger with almonds, make these cookies perfect for anyone experience nausea or an unsettled stomach! Perfect to have on hadn for the kiddos!
- Choconut: Dark chocolate combined with almonds and raisins make for a scrumptious cookie, that takes care of that 'chocolate craving'! Look at HUGE pieces of almond- every cookie is just like this- amazing!
- Chocolate Cherry: Dark chocolate almond cookies made with plump cherries, instead of raisins, for a super yummy treat. These are our second fav!
We LOVE these cookies! They are perfect if you are dieting, for snacks, and for breakfast on the go! You don't need to dip them, but they get even better when dipped- just look at those plump raisins! These are the perfect cookies for nibbling on perfect Fall mornings with coffee or tea on the porch!
Additional Almondina flavors include the Anniversary blend (touch of Anise added), Brantreats (with Bran), Pumpkin Spice (with pumpkin seeds), Yogurt Dipped, and Chocolate Dipped. You can use their store locator to find them at a grocery or health food store near you, or you can order them online!
I am thrilled to be able to offer one lucky BTHM reader a COMPLETE sample gift pack, JUST like I received of Almondina Cookies! That way one of you can get hooked on them too!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure / Disclaimer: I received these products for review purposes on this blog, free of charge, from Stoneyfield, via Almondina Cookies. No other compensation, monetary or in kind, has been received or implied for this post. Nor was I told how to post about them.