Is it Art or Jewelry? Kendra Renee Jewelry Design


BTHM WTFY 2012 button

Yesterday I told you about great bows for your daughter(s), now how about some bling for Mom and Grandma?

I recently found Kendra Renee Jewelry Design and her pieces are perfect for accessorizing this Fall and holiday season!

My favorite piece (and Kiddo's!) is her Safari cuff (which Kiddo thinks looks like a feather):
krjd safari cuff


Isn't it brilliant?

Here's Kendra about her pieces: "The jewelry you wear should speak to you. It should inspire confidence, joy and strength. It should harmonize with your body, yet it shouldn't blend in. It should be noticed. The jewelry I create is just that, the result of meticulous craftsmanship and the shapes and textures I dream of every night. I craft each piece by hand: the bowl-shaped pendants, the clasps of the necklaces, the posts of the earrings. I dream and I draw then I sit and I cut and I form and I forge and I solder and I hammer and then I send you a little cream colored box with my initials embossed on the outside.

My jewelry is elegant. It is unique. And most of all, it is wearable.The only thing you can do that will ever break my heart is leave your favorite pair of earrings in a box waiting for the right occasion. My jewelry is made to be worn."

I agree! Check out some more pieces:

krjd  midnight keshi earrings

krjd dahlia earrings

krjd  geometric necklace


You see?

They are SO artistic in their simplicity, yet they are striking and make their own statements! Most pieces have matching earrings/necklaces, so you can really shine this holiday season! So if you are looking a for an original piece of showstopping jewelry for you for the holiday season, to to give as a gift, check out Kendra Renee Jewelry Design!


About Kendra: Artists rarely plan on becoming artists. I didn't. I was a little girl in Vermont who, while making sequin tiaras for my dolls, would predict pastry chef one day and pathologist the next. I was a
college student in Florence learning as much about tagliatelle as I was about David. I was a metal-working apprentice still on the cusp of learning where my art lived.

I didn't plan on becoming an artist, but passions have an unexpected way of sneaking up on you. You don't even realize they are there until you've spent three hours hunched over the same piece of silver and sit up still smiling with something beautiful in the palm of your hand. But once you do - once I did - it's like they had always existed, just waiting to be discovered, and nothing else could feel so right.




Comments