We are Thankful!

With November coming to an end today, we all tend to be thankful for one holiday ending, and the holiday of peace, love and joy upon us (until we get caught in the Christmas rush), and this year we had something else to be thankful for:

student of the month 1

Yup- Kiddo won Student of the Month for Kindergarten!

Of course we are always thrilled with any academic success she has, but what is wonderful is that the school gives these awards out for CHARACTER traits. Why we LOVE this school! They stress the importance of character, and not just academic excellence. This month was for Thankfulness.

With the start of the 'I want this and that for Christmas', and the turning of your child into a "i have to have it all, because I've seen waaaayyy too many commercials aimed at me',  as a parent I was overwhelmed that MY KID won this award. Because it means that we have taught her the importance of APPRECIATION for what she has, what others do for her, and what she can do for others. Yes, writing all those thank you notes and cards DOES make a difference.

When psychologists tell you to not 'make' your kids say 'thank you', it makes me want to scream. Repitition is how we start developing habits. Instilling good habits will lead to kids turning into teens we want to be around. Children learn from what we model to them. I can't remember ever NOT sending thank yous and making sure those who have helped me, know how thankful I am. So to see her win this reward makes 'my heart happy' as Kiddo says!

And yes, she'll be getting some extras for winning the award!You can't help wanting to spoil a kid, whose smile didn't leave her face for over 12 hours after winning the award! She was SOOOOO proud of herself!

student of the month 2


And we are too!

Comments