Disclosure / Disclaimer: I received this book, free of charge, from FW Media, for review purposes on this blog. No other compensation, monetary or in kind, has been received or implied for this post. Nor was I told how to post about it
I've had some super great cookbooks come in for review this past month, and it has been very hard to decide which one to put for recipe weekend, so this week, I;ll be sharing quite a few with you, to tempt you for holiday cooking!
Today we a cookbook about a very trendy product: Greek Yogurt!
Innovative ways to enjoy today's most popular super food!
From tantalizing marinades, sauces, and dressings to hearty entrees bursting with flavor, readers will delight in the rich taste, creamy texture, and endless health benefits that Greek yogurt brings to every dish.
Featuring creative and delicious swaps and substitutions, readers will be treated to step-by-step instructions for creating a variety of Greek yogurt recipes like:
• Applesauce Carrot Spice Muffins
• Kale Artichoke Dip
• Goat Cheese, Pepper, and Mushroom Pizza
• Lamb Kabobs with Rosemary
• Blueberry Vanilla Cheesecake with Pecan Crust
With additional information on making their own yogurt at home, The Greek Yogurt Cookbook is the all-in-one cooking guide for anyone looking to get the super food into their diet!
This book would be a great gift basket focal point, with kitchen and baking supplies added, to keep any foodie, or hostess, on your list, happy during this holiday season!!
Here's a side dish that would be perfect for potlucks and taking for holiday dinners!
Mediterranean Macaroni Salad
For the dressing:
- 1 cup fat-free plain Greek Yogurt
- Juice of two fresh lemons
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
For the salad:
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 8 oz baby spinach leaves, torn
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion.
- 15 oz (1 can) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 5 oz (1 har) Kalmata olives, pitted and halved
- 1 cucumber, halved and sliced
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse, and place in large bowl.
- While pasta is cooking, whisk together the dressing ingredients in medium bowl, set aside.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the large bowl, Mix together.
- Add the dressing to the pasta mix and mix well.
- Chill pasta salad for at least 2 hours before serving, as it will taste better, if the salad is chilled overnight and the flavors work together!
- NOTE: if refrigerating OVERNIGHT, only add HALF of the dressing to the pasta mix, and add the rest to the pasta mix, right before serving!
About the Authors:
Lauren Kelly, CN, is a recipe developer, consultant for the Skinny Girl brand, food blogger, and the staff nutritionist at The Bar Method in Montclair, NJ, where she offers nutrition workshops and individualized counseling. She has been featured in Shape Magazine, The Alternative Press, and on Guiliana Rancic's website, FabFitFun.com. You can visit Kelly's website at LaurenKellyNutrition.com.