Disclosure / Disclaimer: I received this info, free of charge,from Winn Dixie for blog posting purposes. No prior compensation, monetary or in kind, has been received or implied for this post/review. Nor was I told what to say, all opinions are my own, and yours may be different.
Ever heard anyone say they didn’t love bacon?
Of course not!
They even created vegetarian bacon because
Everybody. Loves. Bacon.
Throughout the month of January, Winn-Dixie is celebrating everyone’s favorite food with bacon sampling, bacon recipes, and bacon sales.
This past weekend we stopped at Winn Dixie and did some shopping, based on the weekly ad, with it's super Everybody Loves Bacon specials, and bought some ingredients for Gluten Free Cheddar Apple Bacon Muffins for Miss Grace!
The specials we took advantage of:
Miss Grace had lots of fun helping me to find everything we needed:
Including finding the Everybody Loves Bacon brochure with it's super YUMMY recipes, including Bacon Croissants, Bacon Football Spirals and Big Game Bacon Dip!
She was super eager to make her new muffins with BACON, but we had to wait until the next morning, as we were just too tired from the Feis!
Here's our super GLUTEN FREE recipe!
Gluten Free Cheddar, Apple, Bacon Muffins
5 slices bacon
2 1/2 cps gluten free flour mix- we used Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Mix
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 cp milk
1 stick, butter, melted
1 cp shredded Cheddar cheese (we used a cheddar american mix, as Miss Grace doesn't like Sharp Cheddar-which tastes better)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Fry bacon until crispy, then chop 4 slices into small pieces, and the 5th into 1/2 inch pieces, set aside.
3. Combine flour, baking soda and salt, in large bowl. Looking yummy, isn't it? (The cat could NOT stand the smell of the bacon and not being able to get some!)
4. In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and melted butter. Add bacon, cheese, and apple, then add to flour mixture.
5. Scoop batter into greased muffin tins, and bake for 30 minutes, or until tops are golden. Remove and add your 1/2 inch strips of bacon to the top of the large muffins. Note- you could add the bacon before cooking, if you wanted.
6. Serve warm for best results!
This recipes makes 12 large and 10 mini muffins (which cooked for 20 minutes). Miss Grace wanted to take the mini's in her lunch box, so instead of making 3-4 extra larger muffins, we made the smaller ones. These muffins pop up really well, so do NOT over stuff your tins!
You can also freeze these muffins, and microwave them when you want one, for about 40-60 seconds.
So what do you think, is bacon your thing?
If so, be sure to check out the Everybody Loves Bacon Pinterest board and explore #baconlove on your favorite social media for more great bacon recipes!
And don't forget to check those deals over at Winn Dixie!