Disclosure / Disclaimer: I received this ebook, free of charge, from the author, for review purposes on this blog. No other compensation, monetary or in kind, has been received or implied for this post. Nor was I told how to post about it
Yup, Smmer is here and so is the latest from Nicky!
And now for a delicious Guest Post from her latest rock God- Mike Loud!
Ten Things You Didn’t Know About the Rock Star Life
1) You’re never alone. Ever. Not even on the toilet. Once you make it big, there’s always someone lurking somewhere, quite possibly with a camera.
2) Rock stars work the most unsociable hours imaginable. When we’re recording, we’ll quite often start at two or three pm and then work through until four or five in the morning. No kidding. It’s intense!
3) Temptation is everywhere, in every sense of the word, in every way you can imagine. The biggest temptation of all is to think you’ve made it big, and to let go of reality. I call that falling ‘off the cliff.’ Sadly, it happened to my lead guitarist, and the band was never the same.
4) Contrary to popular belief, you don’t just get free upgrades to first class by airline staff, at least not anymore. I’ve tried.
5) However, you can be certain to walk into almost any restaurant and be given a table at a moment’s notice. That’s got something to be said for it if you can’t be bothered to cook and the label is picking up the tab!
6) The rock star life is actually pretty boring when we’re not touring or recording. They call it ‘resting’ but it drives me mad. I don’t do resting.
7) We do have to pay rent and/or mortgages. That’s why most of us live in fairly ‘normal’ places unless the millions are literally rolling in.
8) Self-doubt is an occupational hazard. Every song I write is ‘sh*te’ at some point. In fact, only the songs that don’t go through the ‘shite’ cycle turn out to be really crap. Sometimes, just sometimes, I wonder what my life wouldn’t have been easier if I’d stayed an architect. NOT!
9) We’re hell to live with. Ladies, if you have visions of living in blissful harmony with your resident rock star idol, think again. We’re notoriously bad-tempered in the morning. Actually, we’re notoriously bad-tempered in the afternoon too. We hate being interrupted when we’re working. Ask Emily, she’ll tell you a story or three. We’re not proud of the fact but... we can’t help it.
10) Being a rock star is like being a vicar. You don’t decide to be a rock star. It’s a calling and a vocation and an addiction. Once you know what you’ve got to do, you’re done for and there’s no way out. Bing a rock star totally rocks. Being on stage and seeing all of you cheer and clap and sing along gives me a high like nothing else. I’m totally addicted to it and wouldn’t do anything else, ever, not even in the darkest moments of point 8 above. It’s who I am and what I do.
About Mike Loud:
Rock guitarist and “I’m hell to live with” lead singer in Fallen for Rock, former lead singer/writer of rock group MonX, and star of Nicky Wells' new book, Fallen For Rock.
About the Author:
Ultimate rock chick author Nicky Wells writes romance with rock stars—because there’s no better romantic hero than a golden-voiced bad boy with a secret soft heart and a magical stage presence!
Nicky’s books offer glitzy, glamorous romance with rock stars—imagine Bridget Jones ROCKS Notting Hill! If you’ve ever had a crush on any kind of celebrity, you’ll connect with Nicky’s heroes and their
Born in Germany, Nicky moved to the United Kingdom in 1993 and currently lives in Lincoln with her husband and their two boys. Nicky loves listening to rock music, dancing, and eating lobsters. When she’s not writing, she’s a wife, mother, occasional knitter, and regular contributor at Siren 107.3 FM with her own monthly show. Rock on!
My books: Sophie’s Turn | Sophie’s Run | Sophie’s Encore | Spirits of Christmas
Did you know? There’s a single out now by Nicky’s fictional rock band Tuscq come to life! “Love Me Better” is available for download from Amazon, iTunes and many other places.