Disclosure / Disclaimer: I received this info, free of charge,from News and Experts for blog posting purposes. No compensation, monetary or in kind, has been received or implied for this post/review. Nor was I told what to say, all opinions are my own, and yours may be different.
After putting together that 400 piece marble galaxy with the kids, you may need a couple of these fun drinks, that are perfect for St Patty's too!
Even on a Tuesday – this year’s March 17 – St. Patrick’s Day can tempt infrequent drinkers to get out and enjoy the festivities. But you don’t have to drink dyed-green beer to tap into the spirit of the holiday, says Steven Earles, CEO of Portland-based Eastside Distilling.
“With each successive year, consumers are getting more sophisticated in their beverage choices – they want quality and variety,” says Earles, whose company experiments with a variety of flavors in its drinks, such as Cherry Bomb Whiskey and Below Deck Coffee Rum.
“These days, women, for example, make up a much greater share of the whiskey market, which experienced an increase in sales by half a billion dollars from 2013 to 2014. Much of this new market is looking for a new direction.”
Whether St. Patty’s Day merrymakers prefer to be a part of their town’s celebrations, or they prefer keeping it intimate with close friends and family, Earles offers new drink ideas for drink connoisseurs in search of a new tradition.
• Dropkick Murphy Coffee: Inspired from the popular Celtic punk band, this feisty coffee has the buzz and kick many enjoy in kicking off an extended night of celebration.
1 ½ oz. Burnside Bourbon
½ oz. Below Deck Coffee Rum
2 tsp. vanilla simple syrup
Ground cinnamonIn a coffee glass add Burnside Bourbon, Coffee Rum, and vanilla simple syrup. Fill glass with coffee leaving about 1/4 room. Top with whip cream and then a few dashes of ground cinnamon. You can garnish with lucky clovers!
• Blarney Stone Kiss: A popular attraction in Ireland, the Blarney Stone gives those who kiss it – which requires an acrobatic, back-bending approach – the gift of the gab. The following shooter gives you the same …
1 oz. Burnside Bourbon
½ oz. Cherry Bomb
2 tsp. lime juice
Lime wedgeAdd all ingredients to a shaker, chill hard, and serve in a shot glass. Garnish with lime wedge. Since most people won't be able to kiss the Blarney Stone on St. Patrick's day, make sure to take this shot and then “kiss” (bite) the lime wedge after.
• Adult Shamrock Shake: Many of us have fond memories as a child enjoying the McDonald’s Shamrock shake on St. Patty’s Day. Consider an adult version.
1.5 oz. Portland Potato Vodka
1 oz. Peppermint Bark Liqueur
.5 oz. Irish Cream
½ scoop vanilla ice cream
1 scoop mint chocolate chip ice creamAdd all ingredients in a blender a cup of ice. Blend for 10 seconds and serve immediately.
• Irish Mule: There’s a Moscow mule, made with vodka, and a Mexican mule, made with Tequila – now, here’s an Irish take …
1 ¼ oz. Burnside Bouron
2 tsp. mint simple syrup
Mint leavesIn a tumbler over ice add Burnside Bourbon, mint simple syrup, a splash of lime juice, then fill with ginger beer. Stir together and garnish with mint leaves.
• Emerald Elixir: Who says you need a thick and heavy Guinness to raise a glass to St. Patrick? Why not something light, green and refreshing to attract the luck of the Irish?
1 ¼ oz. Portland Potato Vodka
½ oz. Midori
Soda waterIn a tumbler over ice add Portland Potato Vodka and Midori. Fill to the top with half lemonade and half soda water.
About Steven Earles
Steven Earles is the CEO of Portland-based Eastside Distilling, (www.EastsideDistilling.com), a producer of handcrafted spirits created from local ingredients and focused in small batches to ensure unparalleled quality. He is responsible for Eastside’s day-to-day operations as well as overseeing the company’s brand development and financial strategy. Earles, who joined Eastside in 2009, has more than two decades of executive experience and orchestrated the development and building of one of the largest land-development companies in southern California.