So it's Holy Thursday and you realize you haven't planned for an Easter cake....
Nope- take a breath- I've got a FUN cake that you and the kids can make Saturday afternoon!
This adorable cake is as easy as it is delicious,
and soon to be the centerpiece of your Easter dessert table
1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
1 pkg. (3 oz.) JELL-O Cherry Flavor Gelatin
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
15 JET-PUFFED Marshmallows, cut in half (Use kitchen shears to cut the marshmallows in half.)
1/4 tsp. pink colored sugar
1 pink jelly bean
1 tsp. black decorating gel
1. HEAT oven to 350°F.
2. COVER bottoms of 2 (9-inch) round pans with parchment; spray with cooking spray.
3. PREPARE cake batter as directed on package. Stir in dry gelatin mix; pour into prepared pans.
4. BAKE 25 to 28 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans 15 min. Invert onto wire racks; gently remove pans. Cool cakes completely.
5. PLACE 1 cake layer on serving plate; spread top with 1 cup COOL WHIP. Cover with remaining cake layer. Frost top and side of cake with remaining COOL WHIP.
6. PRESS cut sides of 2 marshmallow halves in colored sugar; gently press into COOL WHIP on cake as shown in photo for the lamb's ears. Decorate cake with jelly bean, decorating gel and remaining marshmallows as shown.
HOW TO STORE: Keep frosted cake refrigerated.