It's a new school year, and for many kids, that means they need a new bible for school,
or for their new youth group at church!
Today I have a great bible for pre-teens!
This special binding of the Faithgirlz! Bible offers a trendy and unique magnetic closure (the pink flap). Packed with exciting features that help tween girls better understand themselves and Scripture, the Faithgirlz! Bible, NIV teaches girls that the Bible is real, relevant, and, best of all, that the story of God and his people is also their story. With in-text features written by tween expert Nancy Rue, the Faithgirlz! Bible uses the bestselling New International Version (NIV) to help girls grow closer to God, as they discover the journey of a lifetime
• Book introductions—Read about the who, when, where, and what of each book. As shown above, the cover pages are really helpful to know what is included in each book, and who is in it. It also gives the point of the book and how it connects to others.
• Dream Girl—Use your imagination to put yourself in the story. Brief moments of meditation, and visualization, to see what it would have been like to be in the bible event being talked about
• Bring It On!—Take quizzes to really get to know yourself. Each answer has a bible verse to go read, for a followup to your answer. Very cool
• Is There a Little (Eve, Ruth, Isaiah) in You?—See for yourself what you have in common. These sqaures helps put bible actions into similar modern settings, so kids can find something they were brace like being strong like Moses or brace like Deborah.
• What Happens Next?—Create a list of events to tell a Bible story in your own words. Has sections for you to write notes on
• The complete New International Version (NIV).bible
• Features written by bestselling author and tween expert Nancy Rue.The appendices include:
As you can see, this is so much more than a bible! It is a self contained bible study and self-realization/moral understanding course, all in an easy manner that young girls can relate to. The topics shared in the quizzes and questions are ones that they deal with on every day basis, and often stress over. By having the added reources, like topic finders, the book allows the bible to be an easy to use guide for young girls. And isn't that what we all want? To make them WANT to go to the bible for answers? Yes indeed! We can't recommend this book enough for Back to School use, or for Christmas or birthday gift giving. It would also be a lovely first communion or confirmation present!
About Nancy Rue
Nancy Rue has written over 100 books for girls, is the editor of the Faithgirlz Bible, and is a popular speaker and radio guest with her expertise in tween and teen issues. She and husband, Jim, have raised a daughter of their own and now live in Tennessee.