I'm always a sucker for a new mystery writer and today's entry really fits the bill! I can't wait for the next entry in the Armis series!
Synopsis: Abduction? Execution? Or both?
Armis and Jake played games with murder, piecing together information from news reports; imagining theories about how and why; and wagering each other on the outcomes. Harmless, it seemed.until Armis broke their one rule.
When Dillon and Martha are murdered and nine-year-old Brianne is missing, investigators seem stymied with no clues or suspects. What really happened? And why was so little progress being made in solving the case? Determined to find answers, Armis carelessly abandons their usual arms-length approach and does his own sleuthing. Yet, family, friends and acquaintances of the victims are reticent, and provide little useful information.
About to concede, Armis' suddenly becomes obsessed with his quest when Brianne's scattered remains turn up weeks later and miles away. Suspecting the abduction and murders are not what they appear to be, Armis daringly re-focuses his efforts, and intruding in a world where the bad guys seldom lose, he encounters corrupt lawmen, malevolent executives.and the mysterious Malwina. Insidiously drawn into her personal plan of vengeance, he learns the unforeseen dark secrets behind the murders, but is challenged to save her from the fateful retribution that awaits.
About the author: In an academic career spanning more than forty years, Dr. Gruchow (Ph.D. Wisconsin 1974) has published numerous scientific articles and taught thousands of students. Dr. Gruchow grew up in Wisconsin, and headed south from Milwaukee 25 years ago. He now lives in the mid-Atlantic region. When not writing or teaching, he enjoys boating and travel. Check out his blog for more info!
Review: This was a super fast read (I finished it in one sitting!), and one that keeps you enthralled from the first page, as Gruchow drops you in the story immediately. There is no warm up-you feel like you missed the opening credits and the movie is already rolling! But that is a good thing! Gruchow keeps you guessing and the plot as the involved parties change and you never are totally for sure who is a good guy or who is a bad guy, as they go back and forth turning on one another. The ending will leave you satisfied and looking to the next book!
This is a book that isn't aimed at a female or male audience- which is really unique when you think about recent best sellers- and I can easily see it made into a mini-series or movie! Kudos to Gruchow for a great debut novel, and if he teaches like he writes, I wish he had been one of my teachers!
**
**
Disclosure / Disclaimer: I received this book, free of charge, from the author, via Bostick Communications, for review purposes on this blog. No other compensation, monetary or in kind, has been received or implied for this post. Nor was I told how to post about the book.

I have a fear of heights. (like looking out over a canyon edge)
ReplyDeletelkish77123 at gmail dot com
I fear and hate bugs--YUCK! Cheryl cjabdelnour@hotmail.com
ReplyDeleteclosed in spaces
ReplyDeleteAUGHHHHHH..........
I have a fear of sharks and swimming in the ocean. I grew up across the water from where they filmed Jaws and even though I had spent my entire life swimming there, have not been back in the water LOL Irrational I know, but no one should have ever let me see the movie :)
ReplyDeletedz59001[at]gmail[dot]com
I have a fear of black widows.
ReplyDeleteI do not like heights
ReplyDeletetiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com
My biggest fear is something bad happening to my kids or my husband.
ReplyDeleteaniwilsonintx at hotmail dot com
I hate spiders and bugs...but I luv snakes and frogs, go figure!
ReplyDeleteNot being able to control negative things that will happen to my kids over their lifetime - I just hope to be a great dad. coreybrennan26@hotmail.com
ReplyDeleteI have a fear of dentists and Freddy Krueger. Thanks.
ReplyDeletepartymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com
I don't like being around people!
ReplyDeleteFear of drowning. *shivers*
ReplyDeletemamabunny13 at gmail dot com
+5 Find The Pumpkin
ReplyDeletemamabunny13 at gmail dot com
Would be thrilled to read it.
ReplyDelete