Friday, June 17, 2011
Recipe Weekend: Blueberry Lemonade from the Blueberry Festival!
As I told you about earlier today, we all had fun at the Poplarville Blueberry Jubilee, and the one thing we all agreed was the BEST, was the Blueberry Lemonade stand. They were doing a WHOPPING business, and the drink was perfect for beating the heat! Kiddo didn't initially want any, but after one sip, she was hooked!
Obviously the vendor didn't want to divulge their secret recipe, but I saw some of the ingredients at her booth (the advantage of having a 4 yr old who won't stay in one spot, and kept running around the booth), so when I got home I checked the web and found this recipe, which I think is pretty close to the one we had at the fest! A great advantage if that you use this same recipe to make freezer pops or the basis for sorbert! YUMMY!
3 cups blueberries
3/4 cups sugar
2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
3 cups cold water
1. Place the blueberries and sugar in a blender and puree.
2. Place the lemon juice and water in a pitcher.
3. Strain the pureed blueberries through a medium sieve.
4. Pour juice into the pitcher.
5. Stir well and pour into tall ice filled glasses. (Us Southerners like to add that sprint of mint too! Or for fun presentation, put blueberries on a long toothpick and place on top of drink, or throw some in the drink for a fun look!) Enjoy!
Note: to use for sorbert or popsicles you might want to skip the sieve part, to have all that yummy blueberry goodness in your dessert!