It's almost here, and with it, the new year!
So how about taking the time away from toys that your kids will loose interest in, after 2 months,
and find something that they will be able to use for the rest of their lives?
Our friends at Zonderkidz have come up with a superb FAITH collection of books,
that are perfect for gift giving this holiday season, to kids, to teach them about God's grace, the faith he has in them, and how our prayers get answered:
1. The Plans I Have for You combines playful rhyming text written by bestselling children’s book author Amy Parker with whimsical illustrations by award-winning artist Vanessa Brantley-Newton to create a book that inspires readers of all ages to dream about their future. God has great plans for each and every one of us, and this book encourages children (ages 4-8) to think about the talents that make them special and will help them imagine how God may use our unique traits to make the world a better place.
2. Presented by bestselling author and pastor Randy Frazee, the Believe Storybook shows children ages 4-8. how they can think, act, and be more like Jesus. With 60 old and new testament stories from the Bible that showcase the themes, combined with captivating and dramatic illustrations by Steve Adams, children and adults alike will be inspired to become more like their savior and the person they were meant to be.
3. Guardian angels. Divine messengers. Fiery spirits. Winged cherubim. The realm where these beings live is invisible to us. Most of the time, so are the angels themselves. So how do we know they’re real? How can we be sure they’re there? And what do we really know about them?
Angels: a 90-Day Devotional about God’s Messengers for kids ages 9-12, explores over one hundred Bible passages in which angels make an appearance. In addition, there are Q and As, myths busters, hymns, Bible story retellings, pop culture references, and trivia that help you sort fact from fiction. So spend the next ninety days really exploring the world of angels, and learn more about what is taking place all around you. This is a lovely book, and perfect for helping you to answer all those 'pesky' questions about angels, that you were never able to properly answer! The answers, as you can see, turn kids to thinking, and reading the bible, all great things. It's more than a simple 'read a bible verse' devotional
4. The Purpose Driven Life Devotional for Kids, includes 365 devotions that tie to the themes and ideas found in the bestselling The Purpose Driven Life, from Rick Warren.. Written at a third to fourth grade level, each devo includes a Scripture, short message, and prayer or thought for the day to help kids discover who they are in God’s eyes. Capturing the hearts of the new generation means ensuring they know their purpose and grow up confident of their value in God and their relationship to Christ.
5. One prayer can change everything, says bestselling author Tricia Goyer in Prayers That Changed History. Martin Luther. Sojourner Truth. Helen Keller. St. Patrick. We read their stories, and of other people like them, in history books and hear about the amazing things they did to change the world. But one part of the story is often left out: Each one of them wouldn’t have accomplished what they did without prayer. Aimed at teens, the book is great for adults as well.
6. In Prayers That Changed History, the stories of twenty-five notable people are presented along with how prayer changed their lives and changed history. Following each historical example is a biblical story that ties to that person’s life and actions, as well as ways you can use the power of prayer in your life as well. Because God isn’t done changing the world yet, and he would love to use you to make history.
6. It’s one thing to know the story of the Bible. It’s another thing to live it. The Believe: Student Edition teaches teens the core beliefs, practices, and virtues of Jesus-followers so that you can understand how to live out God’s story in your own life today.
As you walk through the three big categories of Christian life—beliefs, practices, and virtues—you’ll begin a journey that will take you closer to the heart of Jesus and deeper into the words of Scripture. You’ll learn what the Bible has to say about everything from the nature of God and the identity of Jesus, to prayer, worship, and the fruit of the Spirit. Each big category is divided into ten topics to give you an up-close look at the important things God wants you to know. Relevant, practical, and deeply fundamental, Believe: Student Edition is a must-read for any student serious about their faith.
The Bible is more than just a book of stories. It’s a blueprint for living. Let the words of God change you as you learn how to think, act, and become more like Jesus.
Isn't that a GREAT collection to take your child from age 4 through their teens?
We'd also recommend pairing any of the above books with the following bible, for girls:
With in-text features written by bestselling author Nancy Rue, this Faithgirlz Bible uses the New King James Version. It’s packed with exciting features that help girls better understand themselves and Scripture, teaches girls that the Bible is real, relevant, and that the story of God and his people is also their story. features include
- Dream Girl—Use your imagination to put yourself in the story
- Bring It On!—Take quizzes to really get to know yourself
- Is There a Little (Eve, Ruth, Isaiah) in You?—See for yourself what you have in common
- Words to Live By—Check out these Bible verses that are great for memorizing
- What Happens Next?—Create a list of events to tell a Bible story in your own word
- Oh, I Get It!—Find answers to Bible questions you've wondered about
Like the NIV version, this bible has plenty of extras that help pre-teens/younger teens really get more from the bible, and to help them understand better how it relates to their everyday life. The side note topics are ones that they can relate to , and that interest them, making them WANT to get into reading the bible- always a great thing! It is very similar to the Faithgirlz NIV version in the extras from Nancy, but with a more mature cover, it will appeal more to teens. The book is a treasure, that will provide inside for the favorite young girl in your life.
To bring joy to our readers, Zonderkidz
is giving one LUCKY BTHM reader,
the ENTIRE 6 book set of Faith books!
If you have a family, this is ideal, to have books to start the new year off, for everyone!