Children Book Review: I Believe Bunny by Tish Rabe, illustrated by Frank Enderby

As you can see from the button on the right- I recently became a reviewer for Thomas Nelson books ( http://brb.thomasnelson.com/ ) ! Here's my first blogged review!


i believe bunny cover

When I first received I Believe Bunny by Tish Rabe (illustrated by Frank Endersby) I could not believe the gorgeous illustrations. As my mother said, they make you want to go professionally copy them and make a border to around your child’s room. They are just SO striking and pleasing, to a boy or a girl!

I found this new series to be interesting and a wonderful way to weave the bible into younger children’s lives, in a way that they can understand. This book is based on Philippians 4:13 : ‘I can do everything through him who gives me strength’. While obviously very religious based, none the less, the tale is appealing to anyone under the concept of helping others.

From the moment I opened this book to read to my daughter, she was entranced by the illustrations and the basic story. The story begins with I Believe Bunny on a day when it is raining and wet. The butterflies ask him to come with them to find a dry place, but Bunny thought he should stay. The reason becomes clear, for it is as if God wanted him there, when he hears a call for help. A small mouse is caught in the river and needs help because he can’t swim!


I Believe Bunny tries to save the mouse by being ingenious and grabbing a stick, even though he is afraid himself. When he realizes he can’t save the mouse, he asks for help, and God sends the help he needs, and mouse is saved. Mouse and I Believe bunny then become fast friends!

My daughter loved that everyone helped at the end and said “yea God!” This was a wonderful tale of helping others, asking for God’s help through prayer and receiving the help you need, and finding out that sometimes someone who you don’t think of as a possible friend, can become your best friend!

My father already plans to use the book as an example for one of his children’s sermons, as it is so easy for children to comprehend AND apply in their own lives!

I know I’ll be giving this book for gifts for baby showers and birthday presents!

Comments

  1. I reviewed this book, too, and enjoyed reading what you had to say about it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment