Mail Box Tuesdays- Pantene and Aveno (Bzzz) Shampoos

(Techinally this is posting just before Tuesday am, east coast time to do a stupid glitch in blogger where it wont SAVE and SCHEDULE for 6 hours from now (when I'm out of commission)...SIGH, so just pretend it's Tuesday, if you're reading it on Monday....SIGH)

Ok, so I started thinking.... (yeah yeah i know-like I have time to be bored and just THINK-ha- I came up with idea while shopping and remembering what else I needed to do this week... ) that when I sign up for preview consumer samples, and get them in the mail, I should do a review on "the blog" (ok, I have to admit, I am starting to add quotations when talking about this blog- it just keeps mushrooming).

I know not alot of people bother with getting a sample or know they can get one, so they never try a product. So I'm gonna give you a mini review of the mini sample (yeah, I know, but it's late and I'm tired) on Mail Box Tuesdays.

Today, because I'm down for the count, I'm gonna give you a twofer! Lucky you, no????

I forgot to take pix of sample packets, so bear with the product shots, ok????pantene

SAMPLE ONE: Pantene Smooth Shampoo and Conditioner

This one definitely gets 5 out of 5 stars. It gave my hair a shiny, smoother than normal and silky feel in just one wash!
Because it's Pantene, it has their Pro-V Complex,plus extra nutrients that hydrate every strand of hair, which when you have thick hair and it's summer in the South, means your hair stays flatter and smoother! Because it's Pantene, it had a great clean smell.

I used an after product smoother (Sebastian Potion #9-MAGIC stuff) the day after I used the samples, as we had really bad humidity and the shampoo/conditioner wasn't enough to keep hair down on day 2. But for me this is NORMAL, and had I been somewhere with NO humidity, I wouldn't have needed the extra product.
I liked that the shampoo also comes in shampoo/conditioner all in one, as it saves time on the hectic mornings!
The price was also normal (around $5 per bottle) when checked at Walmart, Target and Walgreens.


aveno
SAMPLE TWO: Aveno Nourish + Reviatlize Hair Shampoo and Conditioner

I'm, giving this one 4 out of 5 stars.

When I signed up for the sample, I had to complete a form and I thought I was getting the Nourish + Smooth set (all the better to compare it to Pantene sample), but instead they sent me the Normal hair= Nourish + Revitalize shampoo and conditioner.

Aveno claims that their new product will help protect your hair's moisture balance from everyday damage, and give it new life. Their studies claim that in just three washes hair damage is repaired, giving it strength, softness and shine. I have to admit this was true, after only one use, AND the smell was WONDERFUL.

Like Pantene though, I had to use the Sebastian after product on day 2. I don't wash my hair everyday (too long/thick-it does worse when I do). I love how their studies say 3 washings right? Well they only give you enough in the packet for 1 washing....So pretty hard to decide if you want to spent the $14 for a set to SEE if it keeps it's promise.

Yup, that's right, $7 a bottle at Walmart, Target and Walgreens. And you get less than Pantene, per bottle. I did love it, but at that price value, I had to knock a star off. Sorry, Aveno!


So there you have it, if no budget, I'd probably go with the Aveno. But I have one, so the Pantene is a better buy to me.............

Comments