Wodostock anniversary

woodstock poster
August 15-18
Bethel , NY


Ok, so I wasn't even in school yet! But you gotta admit some iconic
moments in Rock n Roll history came from it~

1. Jimi Hendrix- the Star Spangled Banner- HELLO!
2. Santana- Evil Ways / Soul Sacrifice (my personal favorite- he is JUST the epitome of COOL!)
3. CCR- Proud Mary/ Born on the Bayou
4. Jefferson Airplane- White Rabbit
5. Joe Cocker- With a Little help from My Friends
6. the Band- I Shall be Released/the Weight
7. the Who- We're Not Gonna Take It
8. Richie Havens- Freedom
9. Country Joe & the Fish -I Feel Like I'm Fixin' to Die
10. Janis Joplin- Piece of My Heart

I listed them as I remembered them, looking for a top 10 list...okay so it's more like a top 13, oh well- everybody's taste and memories will be different..........

So go to You Tube you youngsters and check out some video. Those of us older folks- go listen to some music from some of the performers. Then light a candle to the memory of Woodstock (yeah, i know, I'm laughing too) and relish the music!

Comments