Mail Box Tuesday; Burt's Bees Acne Treatment


Before we went on vacation, I received my free sample for Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Targeted Spot Treatment in the mail. I didn't need to use it at time, but I thought I would take it with me, just in case!

Boy, am I glad I did!

Three days into vacation, I came down with 2 facial pimples- naturally! So I grabbed the Burt's, figuring nothing like the present!

The acne spot treatment is clinically proven to reduce and improve the appearance of blemishes without irritating skin. Their salicylic acid (0.75%-most treatments have 0.5 to 0.25) is derived naturally from willow bark extract, and penetrates pores to help reduce acne and prevent future breakouts. Meanwhile tea tree, calendula, yarrow and parsley extracts help soothe skin and reduce redness and Borage Extract promotes healthy skin resulting in clear and smooth skin, naturally. Dermatologist tested and noncomedogenic.

You are supposed to apply the treatment in the morning and at night, after cleansing, which I did.

I did notice by the next morning that the redness had gone down, as had the bumps. While it wasn't as quick as previous salicylic over the counter treatment I have used before, it was all natural, and I didn't feel like my skin was tight and itchy. Within 3 days it was all gone. Not bad in my book.

I had the opportunity (oh lucky me, right? I'm in my forties for freakin sakes, this was supposed to have ended in college...right ...not.....SIGH) to try it again this week.

Again, after only one use the redness went down, and bumps went down by half. Ywo days later, almost all gone.

So, I think I can say that for ME, the treatment works for my mild outbreaks. Now for others, it might not, this is just MY experience.......


Disclosure: I did NOT receive the acne treatment from Burt's Bees in the hopes of a positive review, I received it free as a sample that anyone could have ordered from their website. While it worked great for me, your results may be different, because we're all HUMAN and DIFFERENT, so PLEASE keep that in mind when making up YOUR mind whether to try it out or not!