WHY is it so much easier TO pack for vacation, than to unpack?
We drove, so that meant more STUFF could come back with us (yippee???)
So let's see, we started with:
1 large roller luggage for mom and dad
1 carry on size roller luggage for kiddo
1 carry on size bag of shoes, hats and hair stuff for kiddo
1 carry on of tolietries and meds (as kiddo was stick fighting with a cold)
1 duffle bag for the rest of mom and dads stuff
1 snowsuit and pair of snow shoes for kiddo- JUST in case, as it was already starting to snow on other side of the mtns in TN
1 heavy coat each for mom and dad JUST in case
1 large grocery bag of food that of COURSE kiddo decides she wants NOTHING to do with til the last day we are driving home....ah the fickle taste buds of a 2 yr old....
1 ice chest with juice and water
1 carry on size roller backpack with kiddo toys, books, etc
1 lap desk for said kiddo for use in car (RECOMMEND every parent have one of these for anything over a 2 hr ride!)
1 shoulder bag of 2 books mom was to read/review for blog, and a couple of books for dad to read, and the NC travel book and misc info/coupons for tourist stuff
1 camera/video camera in one bag and back up batteries and charger (yeah more on THAT problem later)
3 light weight jackets for mom, dad and kiddo as we left at 0'dark 30 and it was a little nippy
1 snuggie blanket for passenger to use for sleep/cover when dad put ac on freeze
1 blanket for kiddo, as we hoped she would stay asleep when we left (yeah right, pipe dream on THAT one)
1 stroller that thankfully folds up to the size of kiddo's carry on roller luggage
1 large tote (empty) to put souvenirs in
Ok, so you figure the back of the SUV was a little tight....but it all fit with no problem....
Not so bad loading, as we did it the day before................
THEN we come home..................
Large roll luggage is full of dirty clothes- make that FOUR loads of them (why do you ALWAYS come home with more dirty than clean, like they multiplied in the suitcase???)shesh....
2 large shopping bags of souvenirs, including items for giveaways (see I even thought of ya'll)
1 heavy weight winter coat for kiddo for next year- a steal at antique store for only $15.00= saw one similar on GILT for $95 before we left!)
1 large bag of books ( ok my license plate should just read BOOKAHOLIC- wherever we went, we found books, SIGH, I admit to my addiction now............)
1 peck of apples- Pink Lady and Fuji from Sky Top Orchards
1 bag of yummy yummy jam and apple butter from Imladris Farms in Asheville
1 booster seat that kiddo decided she just HAD to have at the thrift store we visited on last day....quote "I'm buying THIS"....yet somehow dad did the paying....yup, he's hooked around her finger1
1 Fisher Price farm, school bus and car that kiddo had to buy at 2nd thrift store....
1 black bear stuffed bear cub that could not leave kiddo's sight after buying at Chimney Rock park...
1 bag of Christmas gifts for kiddo that had to be moved around alot, so she wouldn't see them cause you know the whole SANTA thing (we did a lot of spelling...)
and another bag of misc stuff......................
I am TIRED unloading the SUV..................then we realize we only have six hours til Halloween starts and need some stuff from Wal-mart..............BAD BAD BAD........
We survived Wal-mart, then survive Halloween (more on that later), and then I realize that I need to pay bills AND check email and check on blog. oh oh......................
So it's now midnight and I managed to delete 545 unnecessary emails in ONE account, and am down to needing to read 300 of what was left. THEN I have to check the other TWO email accounts.....ok, I'm taking a wild stab that the blog is gonna have to wait til tomorrow, after I post this posting!
BECAUSE I AM TIRED !!!!!!!!!!!
Thankfully I took a couple more days off of work, so MAYBE I can get caught up..................
Yeah right, I know I know.................
We drove, so that meant more STUFF could come back with us (yippee???)
So let's see, we started with:
1 large roller luggage for mom and dad
1 carry on size roller luggage for kiddo
1 carry on size bag of shoes, hats and hair stuff for kiddo
1 carry on of tolietries and meds (as kiddo was stick fighting with a cold)
1 duffle bag for the rest of mom and dads stuff
1 snowsuit and pair of snow shoes for kiddo- JUST in case, as it was already starting to snow on other side of the mtns in TN
1 heavy coat each for mom and dad JUST in case
1 large grocery bag of food that of COURSE kiddo decides she wants NOTHING to do with til the last day we are driving home....ah the fickle taste buds of a 2 yr old....
1 ice chest with juice and water
1 carry on size roller backpack with kiddo toys, books, etc
1 lap desk for said kiddo for use in car (RECOMMEND every parent have one of these for anything over a 2 hr ride!)
1 shoulder bag of 2 books mom was to read/review for blog, and a couple of books for dad to read, and the NC travel book and misc info/coupons for tourist stuff
1 camera/video camera in one bag and back up batteries and charger (yeah more on THAT problem later)
3 light weight jackets for mom, dad and kiddo as we left at 0'dark 30 and it was a little nippy
1 snuggie blanket for passenger to use for sleep/cover when dad put ac on freeze
1 blanket for kiddo, as we hoped she would stay asleep when we left (yeah right, pipe dream on THAT one)
1 stroller that thankfully folds up to the size of kiddo's carry on roller luggage
1 large tote (empty) to put souvenirs in
Ok, so you figure the back of the SUV was a little tight....but it all fit with no problem....
Not so bad loading, as we did it the day before................
THEN we come home..................
Large roll luggage is full of dirty clothes- make that FOUR loads of them (why do you ALWAYS come home with more dirty than clean, like they multiplied in the suitcase???)shesh....
2 large shopping bags of souvenirs, including items for giveaways (see I even thought of ya'll)
1 heavy weight winter coat for kiddo for next year- a steal at antique store for only $15.00= saw one similar on GILT for $95 before we left!)
1 large bag of books ( ok my license plate should just read BOOKAHOLIC- wherever we went, we found books, SIGH, I admit to my addiction now............)
1 peck of apples- Pink Lady and Fuji from Sky Top Orchards
1 bag of yummy yummy jam and apple butter from Imladris Farms in Asheville
1 booster seat that kiddo decided she just HAD to have at the thrift store we visited on last day....quote "I'm buying THIS"....yet somehow dad did the paying....yup, he's hooked around her finger1
1 Fisher Price farm, school bus and car that kiddo had to buy at 2nd thrift store....
1 black bear stuffed bear cub that could not leave kiddo's sight after buying at Chimney Rock park...
1 bag of Christmas gifts for kiddo that had to be moved around alot, so she wouldn't see them cause you know the whole SANTA thing (we did a lot of spelling...)
and another bag of misc stuff......................
I am TIRED unloading the SUV..................then we realize we only have six hours til Halloween starts and need some stuff from Wal-mart..............BAD BAD BAD........
We survived Wal-mart, then survive Halloween (more on that later), and then I realize that I need to pay bills AND check email and check on blog. oh oh......................
So it's now midnight and I managed to delete 545 unnecessary emails in ONE account, and am down to needing to read 300 of what was left. THEN I have to check the other TWO email accounts.....ok, I'm taking a wild stab that the blog is gonna have to wait til tomorrow, after I post this posting!
BECAUSE I AM TIRED !!!!!!!!!!!
Thankfully I took a couple more days off of work, so MAYBE I can get caught up..................
Yeah right, I know I know.................

I think it's one of those laws of nature, like socks getting lost in the dryer and bread landing buttered-side down. Our vacations are usually road trips, and we take half of what we own. And then we bring back even more than that! In a few years we'll need a bigger house to hold all of our vacation stuff. LOL
ReplyDelete