Christmas Music Thursday; MUST HAVES

There are 2 cds in my moms Christmas cd collection that ALWAYS get played Christmas Eve and Christmas Day- they're a tradition!

1. Celene Dion- These are Special Times


This album released in 1998 combines traditional Christmas songs with new ones and with traditional hymns, making it a more religious album. her dues with Andrea Bocelli on The Prayer is just stunning. the strength of her singing rivals that of Striesand and her Canadian French moments lend it an otherness that is intriguing.

tracks:
1.O'Holy Night
2.Don't Save It All For Christmas Day
3.Blue Christmas
4.Another Year Has Gone By
5.The Magic Of Christmas Day (God Bless Us Everyone)
6. Ave Maria
7. O Come All Ye Faithful
8. The Christmas Song
9. The Prayer
10. Brahms'Lullaby
11. Christmas Eve
12. These Are The Special Times
13. Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
14. I'm your Angel
15. Feliz Navidad
16. Les Cloches Du Hameau

2. Christmas Memories by Barbara Striesand

Yes, before you go THERE, I am aware of the irony. BUT until you hear Babs sing Ave Maria, you don't know CLASSIC in the essence of the term! The original album came out in 1967 (!!), but it was re-released in 1999.  The album is SO well loved, that they had to remake it on cd! It really is a PERFECT Christmas album!
Tracks:

1 Jingle Bells
2 Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
3 The Christmas Song
4 White Christmas
5 My Favorite Things
6 The Best Gift
7 Sleep in Heavenly in Peace (Silent Night)
8 Gounod's Ave Maria
9 Little Town of Bethlehem
10 I Wonder as I Wander
11 The Lord's Prayer


Hopefully ya'll have your own family traditional music, if not, go get some! Make a tradition- songs stay attached to memories forever in our minds, so make the season special for your kids and gradnkids!

Disclosure: I was NOT compensated in any way, by any company, or artist, for this reviews. I bought this cd myself, and they are part of my personal collection!