Everybody has oddities in their cd collections (at least I HOPE ya'll do!)= they're the cds that intriqued you by their cover or by their artist and you went ahead and bought them, loved them and kept them.
Now as to whether you SHARE them with others, that's a personal preference! I happen to have 2 unique Christmas cds that I decided to share, because they are all truly wonderful in their own rights, though they may not appeal to everyone. BUT they do make GREAT Christmas gifts for those that would be interested in them!
1. Rick Stevees- Eurpoean Christmas
Steves filmed a TV Special across Eupose in 2006. It was such a hit that he had a book, DVD AND CD, released afterwards as special bonuses for PBS donations. I loved the show and adore this cd-it's another frequent flyer at our house! The musical celebration of Christmas includes performances by the Norwegian Girls Choir (Oslo, Norway), The Sixteen and Nonsuch Singers (London, England)), the Bath Abbey Choir of Boys and Men, the City of bath Bach Choir and the Premiere Brass Quintet (Bath, England), the Wilhelm-Loehe School Choir (Nurnberg, Germany), and Phonema (Beaune, France). Check out the DVD if you can- it's very interesting to see the different holiday traditions in Europe, that were the founding of ours in this country!
Tracks:
1. Carol of the Bells I'm partial to all the songs by the Norwegian Girls Choir (pictured on
2. Dck the Halls the cover), as their ernestness and eagerness of youth really shine thru
3. We Three Kings and perfectly suit the meaning of the season.
4. Personent Hodie
5. The Holly and the Ivy The British choral versions are outstanding in their depth and
6. Es ist fur uns eine Zeit angekommen reach. The songs in the abbeys are outstanding in hearing
7. Joseph Lieber them as they were recorded live. The richness of the halls
8. Faisons Rejouissance come thru the songs and make them extra special.
9. Deilig er jorden
10. Jingle Bells Listening to this cd is like going on holiday in Europe and
11. I Saw Three Ships ACTUALLY going to local holiday concerts. You get to hear
12. O Holy Night them as you would if you were REALLY there. And THAT makes
13. Santa Claus is Comin to Town this cd extra special!
14. 12 Days of Christmas
15. Sussex Carol I really can't recommend this cd enough- let the kids hear the
16. O Quam Magnum Miraculum Est holiday songs in languages of their great great great grand-
17 Videte Miraculumn parents, to see how universal and everlasting they truly are!
18. The Salutation Carol
19. Madonna noi Sapino
20. Silent Night-- this has to be the BEST version of Silent Night I have EVER heard- it's haunting in it's simplicity and ideal choral arrangement !
If you don't know Jana, you should! Her voice rivals Carey, Williams, Dion, Estefan and Aguilera, yet has it's own uniqueness.She has won numerous Grammys and Nammys (Native American Music Awards), as well as film awards. She is of Lumbee descent, but sings songs on this album in other Native Languages. You do NOT have to know the Native languages to sing/humm along (some words have no Native translation!), as the arrangements are all classic and known to everyone. The addition of Native instruments and submelodies just makes them unique.Check it out on her site and see what you think- I think you'll end up saying WOW, I like it!
Now as to whether you SHARE them with others, that's a personal preference! I happen to have 2 unique Christmas cds that I decided to share, because they are all truly wonderful in their own rights, though they may not appeal to everyone. BUT they do make GREAT Christmas gifts for those that would be interested in them!
1. Rick Stevees- Eurpoean Christmas
Steves filmed a TV Special across Eupose in 2006. It was such a hit that he had a book, DVD AND CD, released afterwards as special bonuses for PBS donations. I loved the show and adore this cd-it's another frequent flyer at our house! The musical celebration of Christmas includes performances by the Norwegian Girls Choir (Oslo, Norway), The Sixteen and Nonsuch Singers (London, England)), the Bath Abbey Choir of Boys and Men, the City of bath Bach Choir and the Premiere Brass Quintet (Bath, England), the Wilhelm-Loehe School Choir (Nurnberg, Germany), and Phonema (Beaune, France). Check out the DVD if you can- it's very interesting to see the different holiday traditions in Europe, that were the founding of ours in this country!
Tracks:
1. Carol of the Bells I'm partial to all the songs by the Norwegian Girls Choir (pictured on
2. Dck the Halls the cover), as their ernestness and eagerness of youth really shine thru
3. We Three Kings and perfectly suit the meaning of the season.
4. Personent Hodie
5. The Holly and the Ivy The British choral versions are outstanding in their depth and
6. Es ist fur uns eine Zeit angekommen reach. The songs in the abbeys are outstanding in hearing
7. Joseph Lieber them as they were recorded live. The richness of the halls
8. Faisons Rejouissance come thru the songs and make them extra special.
9. Deilig er jorden
10. Jingle Bells Listening to this cd is like going on holiday in Europe and
11. I Saw Three Ships ACTUALLY going to local holiday concerts. You get to hear
12. O Holy Night them as you would if you were REALLY there. And THAT makes
13. Santa Claus is Comin to Town this cd extra special!
14. 12 Days of Christmas
15. Sussex Carol I really can't recommend this cd enough- let the kids hear the
16. O Quam Magnum Miraculum Est holiday songs in languages of their great great great grand-
17 Videte Miraculumn parents, to see how universal and everlasting they truly are!
18. The Salutation Carol
19. Madonna noi Sapino
20. Silent Night-- this has to be the BEST version of Silent Night I have EVER heard- it's haunting in it's simplicity and ideal choral arrangement !
2. Jana- American Indian Christmas
If you don't know Jana, you should! Her voice rivals Carey, Williams, Dion, Estefan and Aguilera, yet has it's own uniqueness.She has won numerous Grammys and Nammys (Native American Music Awards), as well as film awards. She is of Lumbee descent, but sings songs on this album in other Native Languages. You do NOT have to know the Native languages to sing/humm along (some words have no Native translation!), as the arrangements are all classic and known to everyone. The addition of Native instruments and submelodies just makes them unique.Check it out on her site and see what you think- I think you'll end up saying WOW, I like it!Track Listing;
1. O Holy Night- sung in Navajo
2. O Come All Ye Faithful- sung in Kalispel Solish
3. Silent Night- sung in Arapaho
4. Hark the Herald Angels Sing - sung in Lakota
5. What Child Is This- sung in Cherokee
6. Little Drummer Boy- sung in San Juan Tewa Pueblo
7. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear- sung in Oneida
8. Winter Wonderland- sung in Ojibwe
9. Joy to the World -sung in Chiricahua Apache
10. Amazing Grace- sung in Lumbee
2. O Come All Ye Faithful- sung in Kalispel Solish
3. Silent Night- sung in Arapaho
4. Hark the Herald Angels Sing - sung in Lakota
5. What Child Is This- sung in Cherokee
6. Little Drummer Boy- sung in San Juan Tewa Pueblo
7. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear- sung in Oneida
8. Winter Wonderland- sung in Ojibwe
9. Joy to the World -sung in Chiricahua Apache
10. Amazing Grace- sung in Lumbee
Disclosure: I was NOT compensated in any way, by any company, or artist, for these reviews. I bought these cds myself, and they are part of my personal collection!
