Mailbox Tuesday: Kashi Go Lean Crisp Toasted Berry Crumble Cereal

I had totally forgotten I had requested a sample of Kashi's new Go Lean cereal weeks ago til arrived this past week!

But then I didn't get much of a chance to try it either, as it was immediately seized by darling daughter and declared HERS. Yup, any trial box of cereal or breakfast bar that comes in the mail has been delegated by herself as HERS. There is no argument, your just lucky if you get a bite to try for yourself!

go lean crispThe cereal came in the mail the day before but she hadn't had a chance to eat it, so when she got up she decided she HAD to have it for breakfast. Now darling daughter is more like mom than she'll admit, and prefers her cereal usually without milk. This means the dry cereal BETTER be pretty tasty! And daughter decided it was gonna be a dry day, so I emptied it out into a bowl for her and managed to snag a bite before she took her milk cup and bowl and went off to the porch to eat her breakfast (another new phase- likes to eat outside as much as possible!).

The Go Lean Crisp Toasted Berry Crumble is a naturally sweetened multi-grain cluster cereal that is low in fat and sugar and 9 grams of protein and 8 grams of fiber— that’s twice the protein and fiber of the average of other cereals*— to help keep you feeling fuller longer-- SO perfect for a preschooler (EEK- I have to start saying that now instead of toddler as I just paid my first monthly tuition payment (her school is on a 12 month payment schedule)!  The light and crispy whole grain clusters are combined with a naturally sweet blend of cranberries and wild blueberries, and then toasted them all to perfection.for a crunchy cereal!


I was pleasantly surprised at the cereal- it was crispy and tasty! In fact, my only complaint was that there wasn't too many bites of berries in the sample pack. I'm sure in the full box you would get alot more. Darling daughter had NO complaints! She hoovered the cereal in no time and wanted more later for a mid-morning snack (oh no, all gone, good thing they sent a coupon with it!).

I have been very pleasantly surprised with the new Kashi cereals- they are quite tasty and my picky daughter has liked EVERY one of them. She also likes their regular whole grain crackers (note: the garlic ones are VERY strong, as are the fire roasted veggie crackers, but they are perfect for parties!). Which is perfect for me, as I know she is getting much healthier snack and breakfast foods, than she would be with 'popular' ones. kashi is going to be our to-go brand for a while!