Need to REALLY Clean Your Hair?

baking soda

Just read a post off Hubpages by Sunstreaks re using BAKING SODA to remove the buildup off your hair!

From reading all the responses, it sounds like this would be a really great thing to do the wash BEFORE you dye your hair, or if you've been using alot of hair products, to basically kick start your hair about every 4-6 weeks. It's very economical and EASY!

"The amount of baking soda that I dilute into the water makes the liquid thin enough that I can completely cover my hair with it but it has enough baking soda to get the job done and really clean my hair completely.

 The Baking Soda Hair Cleaner Recipe
  • 1/2 cup of baking soda
  • 3 cups of very warm water 

Mix the two together just before getting into the shower. I keep a plastic spoon or fork so that I can even mix it while in the shower to get more baking soda in the water and less at the bottom of the container. I mix it in a old cleaned out plastic food container, but a plastic water bottle will work great too. Just be sure to make a new mixture of the baking soda hair cleaner each time you use it.

Once my hair is wet in the shower I get in and pour the baking soda hair wash over my head and start massaging it into my hair and scalp.It's a weird feeling to get used to at first when you are used to the sudsy feel of shampoo's. There are no bubbles here and it will actually feel a little gritty.

Don't leave it in for long, Once I'm convinced I have cleaned all of my hair and scalp I start washing it out. I take much more time to make sure I have the baking soda hair wash completely out of my hair then with regular shampoo just because I want to make sure there is no powdery residue left.
 When you rinse out the baking soda hair wash your hair is going to feel squeeky clean. Unlike with shampoos' that leave product in and your hands glide through your hair. When wet, your hair is going to feel very different. It will feel almost like your fingers don't want to slide against the hair."

Note: She also says "My color didn't change or anything it was just more vibrant. I think that be removing the toxins, impurities, dirt, hair care product build up, that we are also removing the dullness they cause from coating the hair strand. So when we use the baking soda hair wash, it strips off all the junk and makes the hair seem to reflect it's color better when the light hits it."
 
Ok, I"m definitely gonna try this this next week before I dye my hair and I'll let you know how it works out. 

Any of our readers do this already and have hints or thoughts on it?????

Follow and Share:

twitterfacebookbluesky appinstagrampinterestemail