Book Review/ Giveaway: Don't Call Me Ma'am by Anna Mitchell

*** THIS GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED *** 


dont call me maam cover
Synopsis: In her memoir, JUST DON'T CALL ME MA'AM: How I Ditched the South, Forgot My Manners, and Managed to Survive My Twenties with (Most of) My Dignity Still Intact, Anna Mitchael tackles the question of how to find your own path to happiness; a topic she learned much about during her twenty-something adventure-life filled with big jobs, big cities, big loves, and big disappointments.

Through her trials, Anna realized that she would never find what she was looking for until she stopped to find herself. JUST DON'T CALL ME MA'AM is written with unmitigated honesty and disarming humor; it's a hilariously truthful tale about the cathartic embarrassments that we all go through as young women. From her first shaving experience to her first Brazilian; from her first crush, to her first heartbreak, Mitchael weaves a fine web of a story both entertaining and empowering urging that, even when all feels lost, we must pick ourselves up and go on. disclosure newman communications

About the Author:  Anna Mitchael began her writing career by instructing patrons of her lemonade stand to buy some "or else." She enjoyed threatening people so much that she made a career out of it, and spent her twenties as a copywriter in advertising agencies across the nation. Just Don't Call Me Ma'am, her first published book, is the project that kept her sane throughout those years.

Anna is a reformed nomad who recently returned home to Texas. She will tolerate y'all but reserves the right to raise heck when anyone calls her ma'am. To find out more about Anna visit annamitchael.com. Or you can read the daily chronicles of her life (with a side of extra-spicy jalapenos, please) at annamitchael.com/happinessproject.

Review: I think this book has the LONGEST subtitle I have ever seen on a book cover! And the funniest! Anyone who was raised Southern and went North or out West will readily laugh at the title and have a severe empathy for the author acclimating to her new surroundings. The book is laugh out loud funny at times, sweet and endearing at others, and sometimes you just want to shake her and as her grandma says, tell her to get on with life. her section on vacationing with her parent in Las Vegas makes you want to hang out with her parents! Not to kill the ending of the book, but if you look at Anna's site you will find out she found the love of her life a deux-she gave birth to a healthy baby boy on May 16! Congrats to Anna -may you have everything you were looking for in this book!

The Giveaway
One Winner will win this review copy of Don;t Call me Ma'am
ENTRIES:

Make sure I have an email address, with your comment, so I can contact you, if you win!   
If I don't have a way to contact you, you will forfeit your win!

USA/ Canada
 
3 day winner's rule : Winner has 3 days to acknowledge they won prize,
and confirm address, if no contact, then new winner will be picked in their place. 
 
Please post each entry separately, i.e. 2 posts for Subscribing:

  1. Subscribe to the blog (2 entries)
  2. Follow this blog on Google Friend (2 entries)
  3. Signed up for the New Year, New Self Program on this Blog (2 entries)  Must have signed up/commented under the Original Post for the NYNS Program! 
  4. Follow me on Twitter AND tweet about this contest (3 entries)  (this can be done DAILY for 3 entries PER day)  
  5. Have the “New Year, New Self Program” Button on your blog (3 entries)
  6. Put the "Bless Their Hearts Mom" Button on your blog or website (3 entries) 
  7. Blog about this giveaway (5 entries)
  8. Enter this post link in a Giveaway Linky on another site (5 entries)** MUST provide link to the Giveaway Linky!

Contest will end on June 15th, at midnight. Winner will be picked by Random Number (random.org) on June16th, and emailed. As soon as winner's info is received, I will get the book in the mail to them during the following week.


Disclosure: This book was sent to me free of charge, for review purposes, by Newman Communications. I was not told how to review it however.

Comments

  1. I love that title! Sounds like a funny, fun read. I am a follower of yours ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in, please.

    GFC follower

    lkish77123 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. GFC follower

    lkish77123 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, I definitely want to be entered for this one.

    mlawson17 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. +1 email subscriber

    mlawson17 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. +2 email subscriber

    mlawson17 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. +1 follower on gfc

    mlawson17 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. +2 follower on google friend connect

    mlawson17 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am an e-mail subscriber +1. saubleb(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm interested...please count me in...thanks ;)

    karenk
    kmkuka at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. email subscriber :)

    karenk
    kmkuka at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to read this.
    I am a email subscriber.
    twoofakind12@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a gfc follower.
    twoofakind12@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. follower 2
    twoofakind12@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Count me in!!
    d.alexandra2@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. #1 GFC follower
    d.alexandra2@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. #2 GFC follower
    d.alexandra2@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am an e-mail subscriber.

    Would love to read a book that makes me laugh!

    CarolNWong@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. cool. Love to win this book
    ABreading4fun [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  20. subscriber
    entry #1
    ABreading4fun [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  21. subscriber
    entry #2
    ABreading4fun [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  22. follower
    entry #1
    ABreading4fun [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  23. follower
    entry #2
    ABreading4fun [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  24. button on my blog side bar
    entry #1
    ABreading4fun [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  25. button on my blog side bar
    entry #2
    ABreading4fun [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  26. button on my blog side bar
    entry #3
    ABreading4fun [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  27. email subscriber #1
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  28. email subscriber #2
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  29. follow your blog #1
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  30. follow your blog #2
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love to read this book! love reading on the beach on weekends!
    Carla
    cpullum(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I subscribe to this blog
    bangersis(at)msn(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I subscribe to this blog
    bangersis(at)msn(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I follow on google friend
    bangersis(at)msn(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I follow on google friend
    bangersis(at)msn(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I follow on twitter and I tweeted http://twitter.com/bangersis/status/14870222779
    bangersis(at)msn(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I follow on twitter and I tweeted http://twitter.com/bangersis/status/14870222779
    bangersis(at)msn(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I follow on twitter and I tweeted http://twitter.com/bangersis/status/14870222779
    bangersis(at)msn(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  39. subscriber 1
    karenmed409 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  40. subscriber 1
    karenmed409 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  41. google follower 1

    karenmed409 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  42. google follower 2

    karenmed409 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  43. Sounds like a fun read!

    #1
    I follow via Google Friend: allibrary.

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  44. #2

    I follow via Google Friend: allibrary.

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  45. #1
    I am an e-mail subscriber.

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  46. #2

    I am an e-mail subscriber.

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  47. #1

    I was an original commenter on the New Year New Self post 6 months ago.


    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  48. follow 1
    june_spirit2628 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  49. Sounds like a fun book. I would love to read it. Please enter me. Thanks!

    ayancey(at)dishmail(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  50. Subscribe by email #1

    ayancey(at)dishmail(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  51. Subscribe by email #2

    ayancey(at)dishmail(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  52. Follow on GFC #1

    ayancey(at)dishmail(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  53. Follow on GFC #2

    ayancey(at)dishmail(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  54. I am a subscriber! 1

    terrymac1a at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  55. I am a subscriber 2

    Very interesting sounding book, hope I win the copy!

    terrymac1a at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  56. I am a google follower of yours 2

    ReplyDelete
  57. I follow you on Google friend connect! #1

    TaraTagli at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  58. I follow you on Google friend connect! #2
    TaraTagli at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  59. This book sounds interesting and I would like to win this .

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

    ReplyDelete
  60. email subscriber

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

    #1

    ReplyDelete
  61. email subscriber

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

    #2

    ReplyDelete
  62. Follower

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

    #1

    ReplyDelete
  63. Follower

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

    #2

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Follow and Share:

twitterfacebookbluesky appinstagrampinterestemail