Disney on Ice, Let's Celebrate- Pt. 1- WHAT a Show!

As I told you on Thursday last week, I entered and won tickets on MyNewOrleans.com, the website for New Orleans magazine! I was really surprised only SIX people entered to win the tickets, but I guess because it was for Thursday or Friday only tickets!As I couldn't get off work, I picked Friday's matinee!

Well we had to brave the torrential rains to get there, but we got our ticket vouchers from the Magazine Office, then proceeded to find out that all the new road construction in the Gentilly area TOTALLY voided out the maps on the GPS. Swell. AND all the shortcuts I knew- yup- road construction. SIGH. Luckily daughter was a trooper and only uttered one 'are we there yet?'. We got our tickets and got inside with about 5 minutes to spare! As you can see, Disney gave New Orleans magazine some great tickets! There were only 3 rows on the floor before us, and one row in front of us on the tier-perfect for a 3 yr old, as I didn't know how she would react to seeing large characters up close on ice!

aladdin lift
The seats were actually perfect for her, as she could see everything going on and wasn't overwhelmed. I wish I could say the same about everybody sitting around and behind us. When the row behind us got told to move, they were in someone else's seats we ended up with a 6 yr old behind daughter and he loved kicking her seat back, which aggravated her but after a couple of glares from HER, he stopped. Gotta love it! LOL

The opening sequence of Alice and a Birthday party was cute and daughter kept pointing out all the characters she knew and only came alive when Tinkerbell came out (no pix- people on front row stood up at that moment and ruined the shot-swell!). But when Minnie started speaking with the Fairy Godmother and she brought the PRINCESSES out to show her how to find her true love....YUP- she was enchanted!

seat location

Never forget that just because they're skating for Disney, these skaters aren't athletes still!
Check out the lifts and throws!

beauty n beast lift

These shots were RIGHT  in front of us- something to be said for sitting on sides, 
instead of directly in front when it comes to an ice show!

ariel spiral

All I heard from my right was :
ooohhss during this lift and death spiral!

frog prince spin
AND then Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen came out! 
Once I got my hearing BACK from all the screaming going on, I managed to get this shot-
Again, RIGHT in front of us--pretty great huh?:

enchanted
Ms Stoic-was totally enchanted and enraptured and grinned, but wouldn't give me a smile when I turned the camera on her-naturally! And as there were too many people around us, I couldn't scoot down to get a quick shot, so I settled for Stoic but happy!

cherry blossom dance
She was very enraptured with the purple light effect for the Cherry Blossom section, 
as purple is her favorite color right now! But even I was like, wow, the light up fans really were unique!

dragon
She's also going thru a severe DRAGON phase, so when she saw the Chinese
Dragon come out, I heard the oooohh before I felt the hand on my shoulder and 
heard the MOMMA-- it's a DRAGON!


awed
By then she had her Mickey Mouse binoculars and was using them constantly and updating me on everything she was seeing (future newswoman???) and you couldn't get her attention away from the ice!

mardi gras dance

Kudos to Disney for having a Mardi Gras celebration section featuring Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen-
the locals kids went crazy again and everybody was singing and humming and swaying to the music. The kids were in the groove and shining their led lights in lieu of white handkerchiefs for a 'in you seats' second line!

All in all, it wasn't a bad show and I'm glad we won the tickets as daughter really enjoyed it 
and having the great seats made it all worth it!

THANK YOU NEW ORLEANS MAGAZINE for making my daughter's weekend and
giving us some great Mommy and Me Memories in time for Mother's Day!



Disclosure: I won the tickets to the show from the magazine. I was NOT provided any other compensation from NO Magazine OR from Disney to write this review, or to take pictures. All thoughts and comments are my own.

ALL PICTURES ON THIS POST ARE PROPERTY OF 
BLESS THEIR HEARTS MOM 
AND MAY ONLY BE COPIED AND USED WITH PERMISSION OF
BLOG OWNER/PHOTOGRAPHER