Mailbox Tuesday: John Freida Root Awakening Hair System


root awakening shampooI recently received a sample of the new John Freida Root Awakening shampoo, conditioner AND restoring gel. As always, anything that claims it can help control frizziness in our 80-100% humidity, I am GAME to try it! This new line claims to give you healthier and stronger hair in just seven days! They are supposed to nourish your hair, thus helping to keep the cuticle down, reducing frizz in theory...

The samples came in small envelope packets. I still wish companies would understand that if you have medium to long hair, the sample packs are only good for one try , which does NOT give you really a good idea about the product (which half the time means I will NOT go buy the full size products!)

root awakening conditionerThe product line actually has 3 divisions- Nourish, Moisturizing, and Health Infusing. I was sent the moisturizing sample. The shampoo AND conditioner both:
  • Refresh and feed hair roots while restoring deep moisture for silky, soft hair that's noticeably more radiant and resilient with every use. (this is very true- my hair has not been THAT silky with JUST shampoo before!)
  • have natural Eucalyptus and peppermint oil, which stimulates the scalp with a cool, tingling sensation. Massaging your scalp encourages circulation, which will "wake-up" healthier-looking new growth. (my scalp felt wonderful after using the shampoo! Mom used to use peppermint in witch hazel to get the same effect!)

The strength restoring gel had a super smell-very clean and light. It is:
    root awakening gel
  • A lightweight style defining gel that provides soft hold. Perfect for touchable curl definition.
  • Provides softening effects for silky, smooth curls.
  • Is alcohol free and is enriched with Eucalyptus, Panthenol and vitamins which help promote healthier-looking hair. (thus making it less aggravating and drying to your scalp and hair)
  • Use on damp hair to obtain natural definition and soft hold. Great for all hair types, both curly and straight.
Overall, I was happy with the shampoo/conditioner that I used together on test wash number one. I liked the smell and my hair was very soft to the touch. As to whether it helped strengthen my hair..well without a 7 day supply, that's too hard to guess. I wasn't enraptured enough to buy the full size versions however.

The gel was a different story! WOW- it really held down the frizzies! I put it on just washed hair and while my hair wasn't flat, the frizzies were easily reduced by 50-60% or so. With us having 90 degree plus days with 80-90% humidity- this was BIG! AND, my curls came back and I had ringlets! NO LIE! I wish I would have taken a picture- my ponytail matched my daughter's pigtail with the curls! My hair felt soft, wasn't stiff and wet looking and actually dried in half the time!  I will definitely be buying this product!